Cheap 2020 Toyota Camry Car Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 12, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper insurance rates for your Toyota Camry? I can’t think of a single person who likes having to buy insurance, especially knowing they could find better rates elsewhere.
You have multiple auto insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to have multiple companies, lots of choices makes it harder to find a good deal.
It’s a good idea to do price comparisons quite often since insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the best premium rates on Camry insurance at your last renewal you will most likely find a better price today. There are lots of tips to save on insurance on the web, but you can learn some solid techniques on how to put money back in your pocket.
Insurance companies offer lots of discounts
Some companies don’t always list the entire discount list very well, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking part in a course in defensive driving could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount because newer models are generally safer.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on insurance quote in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Online Discount – Certain insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizens – Seniors can get a small discount on rates on Camry insurance.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce your premiums.
Companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers discounts including emergency military deployment, defensive driver, daytime running lights, seat belt use, and multi-vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for safe driver, teen driver, paid in full, multiple vehicles, and student away at school.
- American Family has savings for TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, early bird, accident-free, good student, and defensive driver.
- Esurance may include discounts for good student, safety device, Pac-12 alumni, Switch & Save, paid-in-full, DriveSense, and claim free.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good driver, student away at school, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-car, AAA membership discount, good driver, good student, and education and occupation.
If you want inexpensive insurance quotes, ask each company the best way to save money. A few discounts may not apply in your area. For a list of companies with significant discounts, enter your zip code here.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Should I rate my 2020 Toyota Camry as pleasure use or commute?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Is my 2020 Toyota Camry covered for smoke damage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out your zip code.
Tricks in insurance advertising
Well-known insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive continually stream ads on television and other media. All the companies say the same thing that you can save after switching your insurance coverage to their company. But how can every company save you money? This is the trick they use.
All the different companies have strict underwriting profiles for the type of insured that earns them the highest profit. For instance, a driver they prefer might have to be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no tickets, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any new insured that meets those criteria will qualify for the lowest prices and will most likely cut their rates substantially.
People who fall outside those standards will probably have to pay a more expensive rate which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. That is how companies can make claims like that. Because of these techniques, you really should compare as many free insurance quotes as you can. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Knowing the specifics of insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding, fire damage, hitting a bird and falling objects. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills for dental work, pain medications and chiropractic care. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Camry resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like crashing into a ditch, rolling your car, driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Have the Midas touch
You just read some good ideas how to get a better price on 2020 Toyota Camry insurance. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. They often have lower premium rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Discount 2020 Toyota Camry insurance can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers work with independent agents.
More detailed insurance information is located in the articles below:
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area