Find Cheaper Honda Accord Insurance Rates in Pennsylvania
Enter your Pennsylvania Auto Insurance zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 12, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
We always joke that when we write about car insurance, the words “affordable” or “cheap” really shouldn’t be used anywhere to describe car insurance prices. Be that as it may, cheap car insurance for a Honda Accord is not always easy to find. But don’t despair, because we are going to show you how you can quote auto insurance that is cheaper than your current policy.
Your ability to find affordable auto insurance for a Honda Accord in Pennsylvania depends on a lot of rating criteria such as annual vehicle mileage, your geographic location, and the deductible amount you use. Drivers in Pennsylvania will pay on average $1,230 per year to insure their Accord, but that amount is an approximation using cost data for a 40-year-old single female driver that purchased full physical damage coverage and $100 physical damage deductibles.
There’s a good chance you are not 40 years old and maybe not even female, maybe you are married instead of single, or maybe you prefer higher deductibles. Insurance is an individual thing, so the best method for finding cheap car insurance rates for your Honda is to do the rate comparisons yourself.
The trim level of your vehicle tends to have a direct impact on the annual cost of coverage, so the price you pay to insure a Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan trim level will be $438 less expensive the price to insure the high end Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe version, as shown in the chart below.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$236||$476||$364||$22||$108||$1,206||$101|
|Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$236||$476||$364||$22||$108||$1,206||$101|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$236||$476||$364||$22||$108||$1,206||$101|
|Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$578||$364||$22||$108||$1,344||$112|
|Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$272||$682||$484||$28||$144||$1,610||$134|
|Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$272||$682||$484||$28||$144||$1,610||$134|
|Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$306||$682||$484||$28||$144||$1,644||$137|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific location which can impact auto insurance rates substantially.
Finding decent, cheap auto insurance is easier said than done, and figuring out which company has the most affordable auto insurance rates for a Honda Accord will require a little more work. Each insurance company has a different process to determine premium rates, so to begin we’ll rank the lowest cost auto insurance companies in Pennsylvania.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Keep in mind that Pennsylvania auto insurance rates are impacted by many factors that control the price of your policy. This price variation is why consumers need to take the time to compare lots of rates when trying to get the most budget-friendly auto insurance rates for a Honda Accord. Insurance prices are impacted by many things and can decrease or increase without notice, so the lowest-price company three years ago may now cost much more than other companies.
|Rank||Company||Cost Per Year|
|16||Mutual Benefit Group||$1,397|
|Find Cheaper Rates Go|
General Casualty generally has some of the lowest car insurance rates in Pennsylvania at around $718 each year. Travelers, USAA, Erie, and Penn National also rank well as some of the cheapest Pennsylvania car insurance companies.
In this example, if you buy coverage from Penn National and switched to Travelers, you may realize an annual premium reduction of about $45. Customers with Amica could save as much as $195 a year, and Auto-Owners customers might cut rates by $206 a year.
Understand that those rates are averages across all types of drivers and the different vehicles they drive and do not take into consideration a specific rate factor for a Honda Accord. So the insurer that is best for you may not even be in the chart above. That points out the importance of why you need to get quotes using your own specific driver and vehicle information.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Discounts on Pennsylvania car insurance rates
Auto insurance companies that provide cheap insurance for a Honda Accord in Pennsylvania may have price discounts that could lower prices by 40% or more if you qualify. Larger auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
|Discount||State Farm||Geico||Allstate||Progressive||Liberty Mutual||Nationwide||Farmers|
|Defensive driving course||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Student at college||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Own your home||No||No||No||Yes||No||No||Yes|
|Seat belt usage||No||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Get quote online||No||No||No||Yes||No||No||No|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
The illustration below shows the difference between insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data is based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows insurance cost with no discounts. The lower bar shows the rates with claim-free, passive restraint, defensive driving course, vehicle safety, marriage, and accident-free discounts applied. When taking advantage of discounts, the average amount saved each year on auto insurance for a Honda Accord is % or $.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The ideal way to maintain good auto insurance rates for an Accord is to drive safely and not receive tickets or have accidents. The example below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims can increase insurance costs for different insured age categories. The data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
The chart shows that the average cost of a car insurance policy per year with a clean driving record and no accidents is $1,624. Factor in one speeding ticket and the average cost rises to $1,885, an increase of $261 each year. Now add in two accidents along with the one speeding ticket and the annual cost of auto insurance for a Honda Accord increases to an average of $4,028. That’s an increase of $2,405, or $200 per month, just for not being more responsible behind the wheel!
Tips for buying economical car insurance for a Honda Accord
The list below summarizes a few thrifty ideas that can help drivers buy cheap coverage.
- Do not get traffic violations
- Too many claims can make car insurance unaffordable
- Increase deductibles to save money
- Do not pay for full coverage on older vehicles
- At-fault accidents can raise rates significantly
- Compare rates regularly to ensure the best deal
That final tip is notably crucial, as was pointed out in the article above. Insurance rates in Pennsylvania change a lot, so drivers shouldn’t hesitate to switch to a new company if a better deal can be had. Having a favorite company is great, but it isn’t a good idea if that inflexibility results in costing you a lot of money. Take a few minutes and compare prices and find cheaper insurance for a Honda Accord.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find cheaper insurance for my Honda Accord?
Here are some tips to help you find cheaper insurance for your Honda Accord:
- Shop around and compare quotes: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare prices and coverage options. Each insurer may offer different rates based on various factors, so it’s important to explore your options.
- Maintain a clean driving record: Insurance companies often offer lower premiums to drivers with a clean driving history. Avoid accidents, traffic violations, and insurance claims to demonstrate responsible driving behavior.
- Increase your deductible: By opting for a higher deductible, you can lower your insurance premium. However, keep in mind that you’ll be responsible for paying a higher amount out of pocket in the event of a claim.
- Consider bundling insurance policies: If you have other insurance policies, such as home or renter’s insurance, consider bundling them with your Honda Accord insurance. Many insurers offer discounts for customers who bundle multiple policies with them.
- Install safety features: Equipping your Honda Accord with safety features such as anti-lock brakes, airbags, and an alarm system can potentially lower your insurance premium. These features reduce the risk of accidents and theft, making your car less of an insurance liability.
- Drive fewer miles: Some insurance providers offer discounts for drivers who use their vehicles less frequently. If you have a low annual mileage, inquire about any available discounts for low-mileage drivers.
- Ask about available discounts: Inquire with your insurance provider about any available discounts specific to Honda Accord owners. Some insurers offer discounts for features like hybrid or electric engines, advanced safety features, or being a member of certain organizations.
Are there any specific factors that affect insurance rates for a Honda Accord?
Yes, several factors can influence the insurance rates for a Honda Accord. These may include:
- Vehicle model and trim level: The specific model and trim level of your Honda Accord can affect insurance rates. Factors such as the car’s age, engine size, and repair costs can impact the premium.
- Driver’s age and experience: Younger, inexperienced drivers typically face higher insurance rates due to their higher risk profile. Older drivers with a clean driving record may be eligible for lower premiums.
- Location: The area where you live and park your car can affect insurance rates. Urban areas with higher rates of accidents or theft may result in higher premiums compared to rural or low-crime areas.
- Driving record: A history of accidents, traffic violations, or insurance claims can lead to higher insurance rates. Maintaining a clean driving record can help keep your premiums lower.
- Credit history: In some states or countries, insurance companies consider credit history as a factor in determining premiums. A good credit score may help lower your insurance rates.
- Annual mileage: The more miles you drive annually, the higher the risk of accidents or damages. Higher mileage can result in higher insurance rates, so driving fewer miles may help reduce your premium.
Can my Honda Accord’s color affect my insurance rates?
No, your Honda Accord’s color does not typically affect your insurance rates. Insurance companies primarily consider factors such as the car’s make, model, engine size, safety features, and the driver’s history. While some myths suggest that red cars or other bright colors may be associated with higher insurance rates, this is not true.
Does the age of my Honda Accord impact insurance rates?
Yes, the age of your Honda Accord can impact insurance rates. Generally, newer vehicles tend to have higher insurance premiums due to their higher market value and potential repair costs. As your car ages, its value may decrease, which can result in lower insurance premiums. However, other factors like the model, trim level, and safety features also play a role in determining insurance rates.
Can I get discounts for safety features in my Honda Accord?
Yes, having safety features in your Honda Accord can potentially earn you discounts on your insurance premium. Safety features such as anti-lock brakes, airbags, traction control, lane departure warning, and forward collision warning are considered risk-reducing factors by insurance companies. When obtaining insurance quotes, be sure to ask about any available discounts for safety features in your vehicle.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area