Cheapest 1990 Acura Integra Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 26, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Acura Integra? Finding lower rates for auto insurance can seem to be nearly impossible for consumers new to buying insurance online. Drivers have so many choices that it can be a ton of work to compare prices.
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using this information. The purpose of this post is to help educate you on the most effective way to quote insurance. Nevertheless, drivers benefit from understanding the way insurance companies market insurance on the web and use this information to your advantage.
These ten discounts can slash insurance rates
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts very clearly, so here is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application online.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% for Integra coverage depending on your company.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Acura could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Insurance companies who might offer these benefits include:
Check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered everywhere.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Comparison
When shopping for auto insurance there are multiple ways to compare quotes and find the best price. The quickest method to find the cheapest 1990 Acura Integra insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
One of the best ways to find the lowest comparison rates is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This method saves time by eliminating separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. Just one form compares rates instantly.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
Another way to obtain and compare quotes online requires you to visit the website for every company you want to comare to complete a price quote. For examples sake, let’s assume you want to compare Auto-Owners, Esurance and State Farm. You would have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
The least efficient way of comparing rate quotes is driving to local insurance agencies. The internet makes this process obsolete unless you prefer the professional advice only provided by licensed agents. It is possible to comparison shop your insurance online but buy from a local insurance agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
Whichever method you choose, make darn sure you compare the exact same quote information for each price quote. If you are comparing mixed coverages it’s not possible to make an equal comparison. Just a small difference in insurance coverages may result in a large different in cost. And when price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes will enable you to find the best rates.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if you could use an agent’s help.
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverage basics
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills such as prosthetic devices, doctor visits, funeral costs and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – Collision insurance covers damage to your Integra resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your 1990 Acura Integra.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive insurance – This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and rock chips in glass. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Liability auto insurance – Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage protects against things such as repair costs for stationary objects, loss of income, pain and suffering and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Be a Smart Shopper
Cheaper 1990 Acura Integra insurance can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent or even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We just showed you many tips how you can save on insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance coverage is with a lesser-known regional company.
More detailed insurance coverage information can be found by following these links:
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for a 1990 Acura Integra?
To find the cheapest insurance rates for a 1990 Acura Integra, you can consider the following steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies to compare prices and coverage options.
- Choose higher deductibles: Opting for higher deductibles can lower your premiums, but remember that you’ll need to pay the deductible amount out of pocket if you file a claim.
- Consider liability coverage: If your vehicle’s value is low, you may choose to have liability coverage only, which can be less expensive than full coverage.
- Inquire about discounts: Ask insurance companies about available discounts, such as safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, or discounts for certain safety features in your car.
- Maintain a good driving record: Safe driving habits can help you qualify for lower insurance rates. Avoid accidents and traffic violations to keep your record clean.
What factors can affect the insurance rates for a 1990 Acura Integra?
Several factors can influence the insurance rates for a 1990 Acura Integra, including:
- Age and condition of the vehicle: Older vehicles like the 1990 Acura Integra may have lower values, which can affect insurance rates.
- Location: Your location can impact insurance rates, as areas with higher rates of accidents or theft may have higher premiums.
- Driving record: Your driving history, including accidents and traffic violations, can affect the cost of your insurance.
- Coverage options: The coverage options you choose, such as liability-only or full coverage, will impact your insurance rates.
- Insurance company: Each insurance company has its own rating methodology, discounts, and pricing, so rates can vary between insurers.
Are there any specific insurance companies known for offering cheap rates for a 1990 Acura Integra?
While insurance rates can vary depending on individual factors, some insurance companies known for offering competitive rates for older vehicles like the 1990 Acura Integra include Geico, Progressive, State Farm, and Allstate. However, it’s important to compare quotes from multiple insurers to find the best rates for your specific circumstances.
Can I get classic car insurance for a 1990 Acura Integra?
Classic car insurance is typically designed for vehicles that are 20-25 years or older and have historical or collector value. While a 1990 Acura Integra may not qualify as a classic car, you may be able to find specialized insurance coverage for older vehicles through certain insurers. It’s advisable to inquire with insurance companies that offer classic car insurance to see if they provide coverage for your 1990 Acura Integra.
Are there any specific maintenance or safety features that can help lower insurance rates for a 1990 Acura Integra?
While a 1990 Acura Integra may not have the advanced safety features found in newer vehicles, there are still some maintenance and safety features that can potentially lower insurance rates, including:
- Regular maintenance: Keeping your vehicle well-maintained and up to date with service intervals can help reduce the risk of mechanical failures that may lead to accidents.
- Anti-theft devices: Installing anti-theft devices such as alarms or immobilizers can help prevent theft and may qualify you for a discount on your insurance premiums.
- Defensive driving course: Completing a defensive driving course can demonstrate your commitment to safe driving and may make you eligible for a discount from some insurance companies.
Can I reduce coverage on a 1990 Acura Integra to save on insurance costs?
Reducing coverage on a 1990 Acura Integra is an option to save on insurance costs, but it’s important to carefully consider the implications. Here are a few points to keep in mind:
- Liability coverage: It is generally not recommended to reduce liability coverage, as this protects you financially if you cause an accident that results in property damage or injury to others.
- Collision and comprehensive coverage: If the value of your 1990 Acura Integra is low, you may consider reducing or removing collision and comprehensive coverage. However, keep in mind that doing so means you won’t be covered for damages to your own vehicle in the event of an accident, theft, or other covered incidents.
- Financial risk: Before making any changes to your coverage, assess your financial situation and determine how much risk you’re willing to assume. Consider the potential cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle without insurance coverage.
Are there any specific restrictions on insuring a 1990 Acura Integra?
Insurance companies may have certain restrictions or limitations when insuring a 1990 Acura Integra due to its age and other factors. Some insurers may have restrictions on the coverage options available or may require additional documentation, such as proof of regular maintenance or vehicle inspections. It’s important to disclose accurate information about your vehicle to the insurance company and review any terms, conditions, or limitations outlined in your policy.
Can I get classic car insurance for my 1990 Acura Integra?
Classic car insurance is typically designed for vehicles that are considered collectible or have historical value. While a 1990 Acura Integra may not meet the criteria for classic car insurance, you may be able to find specialized insurance coverage for older vehicles through certain insurers. It’s recommended to inquire with insurance companies that offer classic car insurance to see if they provide coverage for your 1990 Acura Integra.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area