1990 Honda Accord Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 19, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 1990 Honda Accord are $860 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive costs on average $116 each year, collision costs $144, and liability coverage costs $442. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $496 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $1,846. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $3,580 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $860
Rate estimates for 1990 Honda Accord Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 1990 Honda Accord models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range go from as low as $496 for only liability insurance to a high rate of $1,846 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences highlight why all drivers should compare rates based on a specific location and risk profile, rather than using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 1990 Honda Accord Insurance
Buyers have a choice when searching for low-cost Honda Accord insurance. They can either waste time driving around to get rate comparisons or use the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a Honda and find the best price possible.
Impacting insurance rates for a Honda Accord
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower car insurance prices.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine premiums.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are quite a few add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Accord policy. Things like roadside assistance, accidental death and membership fees are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Your location is important – Residing in a small town has it’s advantages when buying car insurance. Lower population means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers tend to have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. Longer commute distances means more change of being in an accident.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Occupations such as doctors, architects and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates due to stressful work requirements and long work days. Other occupations such as actors, historians and retirees pay the least for Accord insurance.
- High deductibles save money – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, vandalism, and burglary. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the less your car insurance will be for Accord insurance.
- Older drivers pay less – More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers tend to get distracted easily when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Special features that cut premiums – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping auto theft.
Cut prices on Honda Accord insurance
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but a few must be inquired about in order for you to get them. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a discount up to 10% for Accord insurance.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Honda can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for Accord insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will cut the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts, click this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the best insurance coverage coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 1990 Honda Accord to commute?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Does my 1990 Honda Accord need full coverage?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 1990 Honda Accord?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Coverages available on your policy
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive protection – This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hitting a bird, hail damage and theft. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your 1990 Honda Accord.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical expense coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses for prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses, dental work, doctor visits and funeral costs. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability – Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims such as emergency aid, legal defense fees and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
You just read a lot of information how to get a better price on 1990 Honda Accord insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions, high prices or extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is less work than it seems.
Cheaper insurance is attainable from both online companies as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,362|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,470|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$49|
|5-yr Claim Free||$53|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$28|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.