Honda Honda Accord Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 20, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul each month for car insurance? Your situation is no different than most other car owners. Having so many different company options, it can be diffult for consumers to pick the most affordable insurance company.
It’s a good habit to compare rates on a regular basis since rates change quite often. Even if you got the best rates for Accord Crosstour insurance two years ago you can probably find a better price now. So block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the best methods to save on insurance.
The best way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to realize most of the larger companies provide online access to provide you with free rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide details such as if you require a SR-22, how many miles driven, if your license is active, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. Your insurance information gets transmitted to insurance carriers in your area and you will receive price estimates almost instantly.
Save on Honda Accord Crosstour insurance
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies permit an accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off for Accord Crosstour insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurers with the best car insurance discounts, click here to view.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- What if I total my 2011 Honda Accord Crosstour and owe more than it’s worth?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Why your Honda Accord Crosstour insurance rates may be high
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a spouse can actually save you money on your policy. Having a significant other translates into being more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Even a single moving violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who get flagrant violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as judges, executives and dentists have the highest average rates in part from high stress and lengthy work days. Other professions such as pilots, historians and performers get better rates for Accord Crosstour insurance.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Teen drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Mature drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Where you live – Being located in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. Urban drivers tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Honda is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
Coverages available on your policy
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like pain medications, ambulance fees, surgery and funeral costs. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for liability
This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims like structural damage, legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, bail bonds and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Honda Accord Crosstour.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Accord Crosstour resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as vandalism, damage from a tornado or hurricane and damage from flooding. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Don’t be a big spender
You just read many ways to compare 2011 Honda Accord Crosstour insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premiums are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Low-cost insurance is possible online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area