Chevrolet Chevrolet C/K-1500-Series Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 13, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower insurance rates for your Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series? Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy high-priced insurance? Believe me, you’re not the only one.
With consumers having so many options when it comes to insurance, it can be diffult for consumers to choose the right car insurance company.
It’s a good idea to compare rates quite often since insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the lowest price on C/K Series insurance on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad information regarding insurance on the internet, so we’re going to give you some great ideas on how to stop overpaying for insurance.
The purpose of this post is to instruct you on the best way to quote coverages and some tricks to saving. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to save some money using these tips. Although consumers can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies price insurance differently and take advantage of how the system works.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for reduced rates on C/K Series insurance.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy life insurance.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can save you money because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Distant Student – Children who are attending college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurers who offer insurance discounts, follow this link.
Chevy C/K 1500 Series insurance rates are influenced by…
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help determine insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are a partial list of the pieces insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you will pay for insurance. Most companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your C/K 1500 Series can cost quite a bit. Double check that your insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Your job and insurance rates – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like lawyers, architects and stock brokers have the highest rates in part from job stress and long work hours. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, students and performers get better rates on C/K Series insurance.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Driving with no insurance is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will rates go up, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Choosing to live in less populated areas is a positive aspect when it comes to insurance. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. More time on the road means more change of being in an accident.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Liability insurance provides coverage in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Older drivers save more – Older drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers. Young drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Situations that might require an agent
When it comes to buying coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions might point out if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Is my 1991 Chevy C/K 1500 Series covered for smoke damage?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Switch companies and save? Really?
Auto insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. They all seem to say the same thing about savings if you switch your coverage to them. How do they all claim to save you money?
All companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that earns them a profit. A good example of a preferred risk could possibly be between 25 and 40, has no prior claims, and has excellent credit. Any driver who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who do not match this ideal profile will have to pay a more expensive rate which usually ends up with business not being written. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That is how companies can claim big savings.
Because of the profiling, drivers should get quotes from several different companies. Because you never know which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Chevy C/K 1500 Series insurance rates.
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the usual coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer, rock chips in glass and hitting a bird. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
UM/UIM Coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Chevy C/K 1500 Series.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability coverage – This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims such as attorney fees, loss of income, medical services and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your C/K 1500 Series from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical costs insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses for things like X-ray expenses, doctor visits, ambulance fees, hospital visits and rehabilitation expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Online plus local equals savings
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to reduce 1991 Chevy C/K 1500 Series insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the lowest premiums are with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Budget-conscious insurance can be purchased online as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area