Lower Your 1990 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 13, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower auto insurance rates for your Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series? Finding low-cost insurance for a Chevy C/K 1500 Series can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can use our auto insurance buying tips to save time. There is a better way to shop for auto insurance and we’ll show you the best way to compare rates for your Chevy and obtain the best price possible from local insurance agents and online providers.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because insurance rates go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest rates for C/K Series coverage a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. There is a lot of bad information regarding auto insurance on the web, but with this article, you’re going to get some proven techniques to find affordable auto insurance.
If you have a current insurance coverage policy or need new coverage, you can use these tips to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. Finding more affordable protection is easy if you know what you’re doing. Vehicle owners just need to learn the most effective way to buy insurance coverage online.
Chevy C/K 1500 Series rates influenced by many factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that go into determining insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that could result in big savings.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most insurers will award you with lower prices to customers who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to shop around to ensure the best deal.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are many add-on coverages that you can buy on your C/K 1500 Series policy. Things like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Marriage brings a discount – Being married can actually save you money on your policy. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If the Chevy C/K 1500 Series scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Older drivers pay less – Youthful drivers tend to get distracted easily when driving so they pay higher insurance rates. Adding a teenage driver to your insurance policy can really hurt. More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Occupations like lawyers, business owners and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates due to high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, jobs such as scientists, students and retirees receive lower rates for C/K Series coverage.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
Lowering your 1990 Chevy C/K 1500 Series auto insurance rates is not a difficult process. The only requirement is to take a couple of minutes comparing rate quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- One of the simplest ways to find low rates is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This easy form keeps you from doing separate quote forms for every auto insurance company. Just one form will get you rate comparisons from all major companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- Another way to get comparison quotes requires a trip to each company’s website to complete a price quote. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from GEICO, 21st Century and Farmers. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why most consumers use the first method.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The least efficient method of getting rate comparisons is to drive around to insurance agents’ offices. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the personal advice of a licensed agent. It is possible to price shop online but buy from a local insurance agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you are comparing exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits for every quote you compare. If each company quotes mixed coverages it’s not possible to determine the best price for your Chevy C/K 1500 Series.
Is there truth in advertising?
Drivers constantly see and hear ads for the lowest price auto insurance by Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads have a common claim about savings if you move to their company.
How can each company say the same thing?
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a desirable insured might be profiled as a mature driver, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A propective insured who meets those qualifications receives the best rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who don’t meet the “perfect” profile must pay higher prices and ends up with business not being written. The ads say “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. That’s the way companies can advertise the savings. This illustrates why drivers should compare many company’s rates. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will have the lowest Chevy C/K 1500 Series insurance rates.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize all their discounts very well, so we researched both the well known and also the lesser-known car insurance savings. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get reduced rates for C/K Series coverage.
- Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance for C/K Series coverage.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of insurance companies with the best car insurance discounts, click here.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- What is the ISO rating for a 1990 Chevy C/K 1500 Series?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills like EMT expenses, doctor visits, hospital visits, funeral costs and pain medications. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your 1990 Chevy C/K 1500 Series.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability auto insurance – This coverage can cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like attorney fees, emergency aid, medical services and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from flooding, fire damage, theft and rock chips in glass. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Cost effective 1990 Chevy C/K 1500 Series insurance can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund and even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area