Cheapest 1991 Chevrolet Corvette Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 27, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are lots of people in the same boat.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance persitently shower you with TV and radio ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. Buying car insurance is not that difficult. Although vehicle owners need to learn how the larger insurance companies price online insurance.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Comparison Quotes
Most major insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm give price estimates on their websites. The process is quite simple as you just type in your required coverages into a form. Once you submit the form, their rating system collects reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote. Quoting online streamlines rate comparisons, but the work required to visit many different websites and type in the same information is not the best way to spend an afternoon. Unfortunately, it is important to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the lowest price.
A more efficient way to compare rates is to use a quote form to obtain quotes from several companies at one time. This type of form saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online shopping a little more enjoyable. Immediately after submitting the form, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy any of the pricing results. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. The entire process takes just a few minutes to complete and may save quite a bit of money.
In order to find out how much you can save on car insurance, click here and enter your information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with your coverages identical to your current policy. This ensures you will get a fair comparison for the exact same coverage.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When choosing the best insurance coverage coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
What insurance coverages do you need?
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage covers damage to your Corvette resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability insurance covers things such as attorney fees, pain and suffering and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses for prosthetic devices, pain medications, X-ray expenses, EMT expenses and dental work. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird, vandalism and a broken windshield. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Chevy Corvette.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1991 Chevrolet Corvette?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 1991 Chevrolet Corvette, you can follow these steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare prices and coverage options.
- Consider different types of coverage: Evaluate the coverage you need for your Corvette and see if you can adjust it to lower the premium. For example, you might choose higher deductibles or opt out of certain optional coverages.
- Maintain a good driving record: A clean driving history and no recent claims can help you secure lower insurance rates.
- Inquire about discounts: Ask the insurance companies about available discounts for features such as anti-theft devices, safety features, or if you’re a member of any professional organizations.
- Bundle your insurance policies: If you have other insurance needs, like home or renters insurance, bundling them with the same provider can often lead to discounts.
Are there any specific factors that can affect the cost of insurance for a 1991 Chevrolet Corvette?
Yes, several factors can impact the cost of insurance for a 1991 Chevrolet Corvette. These factors include:
- Age and driving history: Younger and inexperienced drivers typically face higher insurance rates, as do those with a history of accidents or traffic violations.
- Location: The area where you live can influence insurance costs, especially if it has high rates of theft or accidents.
- Usage: If you use your Corvette for daily commuting instead of occasional pleasure driving, it may result in higher premiums.
- Vehicle modifications: Any modifications made to your Corvette, such as engine upgrades or cosmetic changes, can increase insurance costs.
- Insurance coverage levels: The amount and type of coverage you choose will affect the cost of insurance. Comprehensive and collision coverage are typically more expensive than basic liability coverage.
Are there any specific insurance providers known for offering affordable rates for a 1991 Chevrolet Corvette?
The availability and affordability of insurance can vary depending on your location, driving history, and other factors. It’s essential to shop around and obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to find the best rates for your 1991 Chevrolet Corvette. Some well-known insurance companies often offer competitive rates for classic or vintage cars, so it may be worth considering them during your search.
Are there any special considerations for insuring a classic car like the 1991 Chevrolet Corvette?
Yes, insuring a classic car like the 1991 Chevrolet Corvette may have some unique considerations:
- Agreed value coverage: Classic car insurance often offers agreed value coverage, where you and the insurance company agree on the car’s value. This helps ensure that you’re adequately compensated in case of a total loss.
- Limited mileage: Some classic car insurance policies have mileage restrictions, as these vehicles are typically not used for daily commuting.
- Storage and security: Insurance providers may require you to store your classic car in a secure garage or facility when not in use. Installing security features like alarms or tracking devices can also help lower insurance costs.
- Specialized insurance providers: There are insurance companies that specialize in classic and vintage car insurance. They may have policies tailored to the needs of classic car owners.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area