Cheapest 1991 Dodge Ram 350 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 27, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
I can’t think of a single person who looks forward to paying for insurance, especially knowing the price is too high. Popular companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO continually bombard you with advertising and it can be hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and take the time to shop coverage around.
Consumers should take time to compare prices on a regular basis because insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best price for RAM 350 insurance two years ago a different company probably has better rates today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you some of the best ways to reduce your insurance bill.
More discounts equal less premium
Car insurance companies do not list every discount very well, so here is a list some of the best known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Dodge could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- College Student – Children living away from home attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Sign Online – Certain companies give back up to $50 simply for signing over the internet.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Car insurance companies that may have these discounts are:
Before buying, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not apply in your state.
How to Get Cheap Auto Insurance
There are a variety of methods to compare 1991 Dodge RAM 350 auto insurance prices and some are more efficient than others. You could waste a few hours driving to local insurance agents in your area, or you could save time and use the web to get the quickest rates.
All the larger companies belong to a marketplace that enables customers to submit their information once, and every company provides a quote based on that information. This system prevents you from having to do form submissions for each company.
To submit your quote information now, click here to open in new window.
The only drawback to doing it this way is that you can’t choose the insurers you want to price. If you wish to select from a list of companies to compare prices, we put together a list of low cost auto insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you’re using identical coverage limits and deductibles for every company. If you enter different deductibles you can’t possibly find the best deal for your Dodge RAM 350.
Complexity of Dodge RAM 350 insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you if ever you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a quick way to increase your auto insurance rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Lower rates come with age – Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are many extra bells and whistles you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage and term life insurance are examples of these. They may seem good initially, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- An active claims history can cost you – Insurance companies give cheaper rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. These vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Dodge RAM 350 earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 1991 Dodge RAM 350?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- What happens if I owe more than my 1991 Dodge RAM 350 is worth?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Information about specific coverages
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Medical expense insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses such as hospital visits, ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care and dental work. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Dodge RAM 350.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Liability coverage – Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability insurance covers claims like attorney fees, structural damage, pain and suffering, medical services and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer, hitting a bird and hail damage. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance covers damage to your RAM 350 from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sideswiping another vehicle, rolling your car, hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Be a penny pincher
Affordable 1991 Dodge RAM 350 insurance is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance coverage companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to lower your insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Even more information is located by following these links:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1991 Dodge Ram 350?
Finding the cheapest insurance for your 1991 Dodge Ram 350 involves considering several factors. Here are some tips to help you find affordable insurance:
- Shop around: Compare quotes from multiple insurance companies to find the best rates.
- Maintain a clean driving record: A history of safe driving can help you qualify for lower insurance premiums.
- Consider higher deductibles: Opting for a higher deductible can lower your insurance premium, but keep in mind that you’ll have to pay more out of pocket in case of a claim.
- Explore available discounts: Inquire about any discounts you may be eligible for, such as multi-policy, good student, or safe driver discounts.
- Review your coverage needs: Assess your insurance needs carefully and choose coverage options that are necessary for your situation, avoiding unnecessary add-ons that can increase costs.
Are older vehicles generally cheaper to insure?
In many cases, older vehicles can be cheaper to insure compared to newer models. This is because older vehicles typically have a lower market value, making them less expensive to repair or replace. However, insurance rates depend on various factors including the model, make, age, condition, and your driving history, so it’s always best to shop around for quotes to get an accurate estimate for your specific vehicle.
What factors impact the insurance rates for a 1991 Dodge Ram 350?
Several factors influence the insurance rates for a 1991 Dodge Ram 350, including:
- Age and driving experience of the primary driver
- Location and where the vehicle is primarily driven
- Vehicle usage (personal, business, or commercial)
- Driving record and claims history
- Coverage options and deductibles chosen
- Market value and condition of the vehicle
- Safety features and anti-theft devices installed
- Insurance company policies and rating factors
Are there any specific insurance considerations for classic or vintage vehicles?
Yes, classic or vintage vehicles, such as the 1991 Dodge Ram 350, often require specialized insurance coverage. These vehicles are typically treated differently than regular daily-use vehicles. Considerations for insuring classic vehicles may include:
- Agreed value coverage: Instead of market value, you may be able to insure the vehicle for an agreed-upon value based on its rarity and condition.
- Limited mileage: Classic car policies may have mileage restrictions since these vehicles are often not driven as frequently.
- Storage requirements: Some policies may require secure storage or garaging when the vehicle is not in use.
- Authenticity and restoration: If your vehicle has undergone restoration or modifications, you may need additional coverage to protect its value.
- Specialized repair facilities: Classic car policies may have preferred repair networks to ensure proper care for these unique vehicles.
Are there any specific insurance providers that specialize in insuring classic vehicles?
Yes, there are insurance providers that specialize in insuring classic and vintage vehicles. Some well-known providers include Hagerty, Grundy, American Collectors Insurance, and J.C. Taylor. It’s recommended to research and compare quotes from multiple providers to find the one that offers the best coverage and rates for your 1991 Dodge Ram 350.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area