Cheapest 1991 Dodge Spirit Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 27, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower insurance coverage rates for your Dodge Spirit? Locating low-cost insurance for a new or used Dodge Spirit could be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier. There are more efficient ways to find insurance coverage online so you’re going to learn the proper way to compare rates for a new or used Dodge and locate the cheapest rates from both online companies and local agents.
It’s important to shop coverage around once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the lowest rates on Spirit coverage a few years ago you can probably find a better price now. So just ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because you’re going to learn the fastest and easiest way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
The best way to compare policy rates is to know the trick car insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give them some information such as the year, make and model of vehicles, if a SR-22 is needed, how old drivers are, and if you’re married. That rating information is instantly sent to insurance carriers in your area and you will receive price estimates very quickly.
Cut your premium with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every discount very well, so here is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known ways to save on insurance. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Dodge could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations may earn a discount when buying insurance on Spirit coverage.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates, click here.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance 101
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your 1991 Dodge Spirit.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. It protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as attorney fees, funeral expenses, emergency aid, court costs and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like fire damage, hail damage, hitting a deer, theft and hitting a bird. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills like doctor visits, ambulance fees and pain medications. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1991 Dodge Spirit?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 1991 Dodge Spirit, you can follow these steps:
- Shop around and compare quotes from multiple insurance providers.
- Opt for higher deductibles, which can lower your insurance premiums.
- Consider bundling your auto insurance with other policies, such as home or renters insurance, to qualify for multi-policy discounts.
- Inquire about any available discounts for features like anti-theft devices or safe driving records.
- Maintain a good driving record to potentially qualify for lower rates in the long run.
- Ask your insurance provider if they offer any special discounts for classic or vintage vehicles.
What factors affect the cost of insurance for a 1991 Dodge Spirit?
Several factors can affect the cost of insurance for a 1991 Dodge Spirit, including:
- Age and driving experience of the primary driver.
- Location and where the vehicle will be parked.
- Insurance coverage limits and deductibles chosen.
- Vehicle usage and annual mileage.
- Safety features and anti-theft devices installed in the car.
- The driver’s previous claims history and driving record.
- The insurance provider’s rating system and pricing model.
Are there any specific discounts available for insuring a 1991 Dodge Spirit?
Insurance providers may offer various discounts that can help reduce the cost of insuring a 1991 Dodge Spirit. Some potential discounts to inquire about include:
- Multi-policy discount: If you bundle your auto insurance with other policies from the same provider, such as home or renters insurance, you may qualify for a discount.
- Safe driver discount: If you have a clean driving record and no recent accidents or traffic violations, you may be eligible for a safe driver discount.
- Anti-theft device discount: If your 1991 Dodge Spirit has anti-theft devices installed, such as an alarm system or tracking device, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Good student discount: If you or any drivers listed on your policy are full-time students with good academic standing, you may qualify for this discount.
- Mature driver discount: Some insurance companies offer discounts to older drivers who have completed approved defensive driving courses.
Is it more affordable to insure a 1991 Dodge Spirit as a classic car?
Insuring a 1991 Dodge Spirit as a classic car may provide some cost-saving benefits, but it depends on the insurance provider and their classification criteria. Some insurers offer specialized classic car insurance policies with lower premiums compared to standard auto insurance. To qualify as a classic car, the vehicle generally needs to meet certain age and condition requirements, and there may be limitations on usage and mileage. It’s advisable to contact insurance providers that offer classic car insurance and inquire about their eligibility criteria and associated costs.
Can I choose liability-only coverage for my 1991 Dodge Spirit to save money?
Liability-only coverage is an option for saving money on insurance premiums, but it provides limited protection. Liability insurance covers damages or injuries you may cause to others in an accident, but it doesn’t cover damages to your own vehicle. If you choose liability-only coverage for your 1991 Dodge Spirit, you’ll need to bear the cost of repairs or replacement if your car gets damaged due to an accident, theft, or other covered events. Consider your financial situation and the value of your vehicle before deciding on liability-only coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area