Cheapest 1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Have you had enough of paying out the nose each month for car insurance? You are in the same boat as many other drivers. Because you have many choices, it is very difficult to pick the lowest price insurer.
It’s a great practice to check car insurance prices at least once a year due to the fact that insurance rates change regularly. Even if you think you had the best rates for B-Series pickup coverage last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. So ignore everything you know about car insurance because we’re going to show you the only way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
The purpose of this article is to introduce you to how to get online quotes and some money-saving tips. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using these techniques. Vehicle owners just need to learn how to buy insurance over the internet.
Be sure to get all your discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be asked about before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can help you save on insurance coverage because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy life insurance.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings up to 30%.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a qualifying organization may earn a discount when shopping for insurance coverage for B-Series pickup coverage.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
A partial list of companies that may have these discounts are:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
Before buying, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Discounts may not be available in your area.
Quick Auto Insurance Quotes
Finding a better price on auto insurance is not rocket science. You just have to take the time getting comparison quotes from different insurance companies. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The most efficient way to get quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do separate forms for each company you want a rate for. One quote request gets you coverage quotes from multiple companies.
- A harder way to compare rate quotes is spending the time to visit the website for each individual company and request a quote. For examples sake, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from Progressive, Liberty Mutual and Farmers. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, which is why most consumers use the first method. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just be sure to compare apples-to-apples quote information with each company. If your comparisons have different liability limits it will be impossible to find the best deal for your Mazda B-Series Pickup.
Elements that influence Mazda B-Series Pickup insurance rates
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces car insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like judges, social workers and accountants tend to pay higher rates than average due to high stress levels and long work hours. On the flip side, occupations like farmers, athletes and homemakers have the lowest average rates for B-Series pickup coverage.
- Battle of the sexes – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women are in accidents at about the same rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Too many car insurance claims drive up costs – Auto insurance companies generally give discounts to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Having a bad credit score is a important factor in calculating your car insurance rates. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower credit ratings. If your credit score is low, you could be paying less to insure your 1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Mazda B-Series Pickup scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions could help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Is my 1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup covered for flood damage?
- Is my Mazda B-Series Pickup covered if I use it for business?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Save $400 a year. For real?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings by companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies say the same thing of big savings if you move to them.
How can each company make almost identical claims?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that is profitable for them. An example of a profitable customer might be between the ages of 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and has great credit. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who don’t meet these standards will be charged higher prices which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That is how companies can make the claims of big savings.
That is why drivers must compare many company’s rates. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Mazda B-Series Pickup insurance rates.
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Mazda B-Series Pickup.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Usually the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like rolling your car, backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Auto liability insurance
This protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things like attorney fees, structural damage, legal defense fees, bail bonds and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills such as funeral costs, doctor visits and ambulance fees. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as fire damage, damage from getting keyed, falling objects, a broken windshield and hail damage. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Feed the piggy bank
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
We covered some good ideas how you can shop for 1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from an unexpected company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area