2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 2, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better insurance rates? Drivers have options when trying to find the best price on Mazda B-Series Pickup insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons. There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance and you need to know the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Mazda and get the lowest price from both online companies and local agents.
You should make it a habit to do rate comparisons periodically since rates trend upward over time. Even if you got the best rates for B-Series pickup coverage a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Don’t believe everything you read about insurance online but we’re going to give you a lot of great tips on how to find cheap insurance.
Mazda B-Series Pickup rates influenced by many factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that go into determining your insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are some of the items that factor into your rates.
- Your job and insurance rates – Careers like judges, business owners and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations such as actors, engineers and the unemployed pay the least for B-Series pickup coverage.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Men and women cause accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Liability insurance provides coverage in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. It provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If your Mazda B-Series Pickup scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
How to Compare Car Insurance Quotes
Most major insurance companies quote coverage prices directly from their websites. Getting quotes is fairly simple as you simply enter your coverage information into a form. After the form is submitted, their system will order information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote.
Online price quotes helps simplify price comparisons, but the process of having to visit several different sites and fill out multiple forms gets old quite quickly. But it is imperative to perform this step if you are searching for the lowest possible prices on car insurance.
A quicker way to find lower prices is to use a quote form to return rates from many companies. It saves time, requires less work, and makes online shopping much more enjoyable and efficient. As soon as you send your information, it is rated and you can choose any or none of the price quotes you receive. If a lower price is quoted, you can simply submit the application and buy the policy. The entire process takes less than 15 minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To quickly find out how much you’re overpaying now, click here and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the coverage information identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will get an apples-to-apples comparison based on similar coverages.
Save $392 a year? Really?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for cheaper car insurance by State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies have a common claim that you’ll save big after switching to their company.
But how can every company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that makes them money. For example, a driver they prefer might be a mature driver, insures multiple vehicles, and has a high credit rating. Any driver who fits that profile will get the preferred rates and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who don’t measure up to this ideal profile will be charged a higher premium which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that kind of money. That’s the way companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. That is why you should get as many comparisons as possible. It’s impossible to know the company that will give you the biggest savings on Mazda B-Series Pickup insurance.
How much can you save with discounts?
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every discount very well, so we researched some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving. If you don’t get every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Mazda could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Own a Home – Owning a house may trigger a insurance coverage policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- One Accident Forgiven – Certain companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount for B-Series pickup coverage with select insurance companies.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of companies who offer insurance coverage discounts, click this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- What if I total my 2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup and owe more than it’s worth?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for ambulance fees, hospital visits, X-ray expenses, doctor visits and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Collision coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your B-Series Pickup caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability coverages – Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability insurance covers things like funeral expenses, loss of income, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive coverages – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and rock chips in glass. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Smart shoppers get results
Cheaper 2000 Mazda B-Series Pickup insurance is attainable from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to save on insurance. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from an unexpected company.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like policy non-renewal, policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers or even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company can be easier than you think.
Other learning opportunities
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area