Cheapest 1992 Mazda MX-3 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 29, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest car insurance rates for your Mazda MX-3? Are you tired of trying to scrape together enough money each month for car insurance? You’re in the same situation as many other consumers. Because you have many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be challenging to pick the cheapest provider.
The best way we recommend to compare rates takes advantage of the fact almost all companies participate in a system to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is provide details including the type of vehicles you drive, if a SR-22 is needed, how much you drive, and your credit rating estimate. That information is instantly submitted to multiple different insurance companies and you should receive rate quotes within a short period of time.
Save big with these discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount very clearly, so we break down some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a small decrease in premiums on MX-3 coverage.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of insurers with the best car insurance discounts, click this link.
Factors determining your Mazda MX-3 insurance premium
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help determine your insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your policy. Marriage is viewed as being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Little extras can really add up – There are many additional coverages you can purchase on your MX-3 policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, better glass coverage and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Allowing your insurance coverage policy to lapse is a fast way to pay more for insurance coverage. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.You may have to file a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Careers like doctors, social workers and stock brokers have the highest rates because of stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. On the other hand, professions such as scientists, students and the unemployed get better rates on MX-3 coverage.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your Mazda. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and burglary. Your deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance on MX-3 coverage.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Men and women tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but men have costlier accidents. Men also get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Liability insurance is the protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Some insurers will award you with lower prices to customers who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When choosing coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance policy specifics
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Medical costs insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses such as nursing services, X-ray expenses, doctor visits and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
UM/UIM Coverage – This protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your 1992 Mazda MX-3.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision coverages – This pays for damage to your MX-3 resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole, rolling your car, crashing into a building and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability coverage – Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as repair costs for stationary objects, emergency aid, medical expenses and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as fire damage, theft, hail damage, damage from flooding and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Do the work, save more money
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price.
Budget-conscious 1992 Mazda MX-3 insurance is attainable on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1992 Mazda MX-3?
Finding the cheapest insurance for your 1992 Mazda MX-3 involves several factors. Here are some tips to consider:
- Compare quotes: Shop around and obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers. Each company has its own pricing algorithms, so comparing quotes will help you find the most affordable option.
- Opt for higher deductibles: Choosing a higher deductible can lower your insurance premium. However, be sure you can afford to pay the deductible in case of an accident.
- Maintain a clean driving record: A history of safe driving can help reduce your insurance costs. Avoid traffic violations and accidents to maintain a good driving record.
- Consider bundling insurance policies: If you have multiple insurance needs, such as auto and home insurance, bundling them with the same provider may result in discounted rates.
- Explore available discounts: Inquire about any discounts you may qualify for, such as safe driver discounts, multi-car discounts, or discounts for installing safety features in your vehicle.
Are there any specific factors that affect insurance rates for a 1992 Mazda MX-3?
Yes, several factors can influence the insurance rates for a 1992 Mazda MX-3. These factors include:
- Vehicle’s age and condition: The older a car gets, the lower its market value, which can result in lower insurance premiums.
- Safety features: The presence of safety features in your Mazda MX-3, such as airbags, anti-lock brakes, and security systems, may lead to lower insurance rates.
- Driving history: Your personal driving record plays a significant role in determining insurance rates. A clean driving record with no accidents or traffic violations generally leads to lower premiums.
- Location: Insurance rates can vary based on where you live. Urban areas with higher rates of accidents or theft may result in higher premiums compared to rural areas.
- Insurance coverage and deductibles: The level of coverage you choose and the deductibles you select can impact the cost of insurance. Comprehensive coverage and low deductibles may result in higher premiums.
Are there any specialized insurance policies for classic or vintage 1992 Mazda MX-3 vehicles?
Yes, for classic or vintage 1992 Mazda MX-3 vehicles, there may be specialized insurance policies available. These policies are often tailored to the unique needs of classic car owners and provide coverage specific to the vehicle’s value and historical significance. It’s recommended to contact insurance providers that offer classic car insurance to explore your options and find a policy that suits your needs.
Can modifications made to my 1992 Mazda MX-3 affect insurance rates?
Yes, modifications made to your 1992 Mazda MX-3 can potentially impact your insurance rates. Insurance companies typically consider modifications as changes to the original specifications of the vehicle. Modifications that enhance performance, alter the appearance, or increase the value of the car may result in higher premiums. It’s important to inform your insurance provider about any modifications made to your Mazda MX-3 to ensure that you have the appropriate coverage.
How can I ensure I am getting the best insurance deal for my 1992 Mazda MX-3?
To ensure you’re getting the best insurance deal for your 1992 Mazda MX-3, consider the following steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers and compare their coverage options, premiums, and customer reviews.
- Review coverage needs: Assess your insurance needs and determine the level of coverage required for your Mazda MX-3. Consider factors such as your driving habits, budget, and the value of your vehicle.
- Check for discounts: Inquire about any available discounts and see if you qualify for them. Insurance providers often offer various discounts based on factors such as safe driving, bundling policies, or installing safety features.
- Understand policy terms: Read and understand the terms and conditions of the insurance policies you are considering. Pay attention to coverage limits, deductibles, and any exclusions that may apply.
- Seek advice: Consult with insurance agents or brokers who specialize in auto insurance to get expert guidance and recommendations based on your specific needs and circumstances.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area