Lower Your 1992 Mercury Topaz Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 18, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Have you fallen victim to an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us, many consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy.
You have multiple car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates and find the lowest cost car insurance.
Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. Basically, anyone who is shopping for insurance coverage will most likely be able to find better rates. But drivers can benefit by having an understanding of how companies determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
Save with discounts on 1992 Mercury Topaz insurance
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the more hidden insurance savings.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% for Topaz coverage with a few insurance companies.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
Companies that may have these discounts include:
Before buying, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts may not be available in every state.
How to Compare Insurance Costs
All major insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get pricing on the web. This process doesn’t take much effort as you just type in the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. After you submit the form the company’s rating system collects your driving and credit reports and generates a price based on these and other factors. Online price quotes makes comparing rates easy, but having to visit a lot of sites and enter the same data into a form can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the lowest insurance rates.
Isn’t there an easier way to compare rates?
The quickest way to lower your rates requires only one form that gets prices from multiple companies. This type of form saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes comparison shopping much easier to do. Once the form is submitted, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy your choice of the resulting price quotes. If the quotes result in lower rates, you simply finish the application and buy the policy. The entire process takes just a few minutes to complete and may save quite a bit of money.
To save time and compare rates now, simply click here to open in new window and begin entering your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with the limits and deductibles as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this assures you will get a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
Why your Mercury Topaz insurance rates may be high
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Understanding what influences your rates enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – Auto insurance companies give cheaper rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Your job and insurance rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance coverage? Careers like doctors, social workers and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates in part from stressful work requirements and long work days. Other jobs such as actors, historians and performers have the lowest average rates for Topaz coverage.
- Your spouse saves you money – Having a spouse can get you a discount on your insurance coverage policy. Marriage means you’re more mature and responsible and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If your Mercury Topaz is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Pleasure use or commuting – Driving more miles each year the more you will pay for insurance coverage. Most companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An improperly rated Topaz can cost quite a bit. Double check that your insurance coverage coverage shows the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
- Big city or small town – Being located in a small town can save you money when buying insurance coverage. Lower population translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions might point out if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- What is the ISO rating for a 1992 Mercury Topaz?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 1992 Mercury Topaz to commute?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Are auto insurance companies telling the truth?
Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. All the companies make the same claim of big savings if you switch your coverage to them. How does each company claim to save you money?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that is profitable for them. A good example of a profitable customer could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and drives newer vehicles. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred rates and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile will have to pay a more expensive rate and this can result in the customer not buying. The ads state “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much. This is how insurance companies can advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to get as many quotes as possible. You cannot predict which insurance companies will have the lowest Mercury Topaz insurance rates.
Information about specific coverages
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like EMT expenses, chiropractic care, doctor visits, X-ray expenses and prosthetic devices. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Mercury Topaz.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like funeral expenses, loss of income and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Topaz from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like rolling your car, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hitting a deer, vandalism, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and theft. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage on a shoestring budget
While you’re price shopping online, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to save on 1992 Mercury Topaz insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area