Lower Your 1993 Ford Escort Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 11, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one looks forward to paying for insurance, especially knowing they are paying too much.
Big-name insurance companies like GEICO and Progressive all claim big savings, bombarding you with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and take the time to shop coverage around.
Ford Escort premiums are determined by many factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. Understanding what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower insurance prices.
The list below includes some of the items used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Older drivers save more – Mature drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers. Teen drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – The majority of insurance companies give discounts to people who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent auto theft.
- Little extras can really add up – There are many add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Escort policy. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, accidental death and membership fees may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Drive less and save money – Driving more miles in a year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Improper usage on your Escort may be wasting your money. Double check that your insurance coverage properly reflects the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every discount very clearly, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could trigger savings when buying insurance coverage on Escort coverage.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Ford could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of insurers with discount insurance coverage rates, click here to view.
Car insurance myths debunked
Companies like Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. All the ads have a common claim of big savings if you switch your policy. How can each company make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a profitable customer might be over the age of 40, insures multiple vehicles, and drives newer vehicles. A propective insured who fits that profile will get very good rates and most likely will save a lot of money.
Potential customers who do not match the “perfect” profile must pay more money which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings. This illustrates why drivers should get as many quotes as possible. It’s not possible to predict which car insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Ford Escort insurance rates.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Everyone needs different coverages
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- What happens if I owe more than my 1993 Ford Escort is worth?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Insurance coverages 101
Understanding the coverages of insurance aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the normal coverages found on most insurance policies.
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical services, repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees, funeral expenses and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like rock chips in glass, a broken windshield, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and falling objects. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This covers damage to your Escort resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a mailbox, sideswiping another vehicle and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses such as pain medications, nursing services, rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs and ambulance fees. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Ford Escort.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Knowledge is power
When you buy insurance online, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Discount 1993 Ford Escort insurance is definitely available on the web and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
Much more information about car insurance can be read at these links:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area