Cheapest 1997 Ford Escort Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper insurance rates for your Ford Escort? Nobody looks forward to paying for insurance, in particular when the cost is way too high. Drivers have multiple insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, it can be more difficult to locate the cheapest rates.
Factors determining your Ford Escort insurance premium
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to better insurance coverage rates.
Shown below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate prices.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Did you know your insurance coverage rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as real estate brokers, executives and dentists have the highest average rates in part from high stress levels and long work hours. Other occupations such as farmers, historians and homemakers get better rates for Escort coverage.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If the Ford Escort is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Older drivers save more – Young drivers have a tendency to be less responsible in a vehicle so they pay higher insurance coverage rates. Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Pleasure use saves money – The more you drive every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Cars left parked in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your insurance coverage policy is rated on the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect usage on your Escort can cost quite a bit.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Even a single ticket can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get dangerous violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Driving with no insurance is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
More discounts equal less premium
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Resident Student – Children who are attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a small decrease in premiums for Escort coverage.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on the same insurance coverage policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of insurance companies offering insurance coverage discounts, follow this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Slick advertising tricks that work
Drivers constantly see and hear ads for the lowest price auto insurance by State Farm and Allstate. All the companies make the same claim that you’ll save big if you change to their company.
How does each company say the same thing? This is how they do it.
All companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that earns them a profit. A good example of a profitable customer could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, is a homeowner, and drives newer vehicles. Any new insured who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who do not match this ideal profile will be quoted higher prices which usually ends up with business not being written. The ads state “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can make those claims. This emphasizes why drivers must get a wide range of price quotes. It’s impossible to know which insurance company will have the lowest Ford Escort insurance rates.
It’s not one size fits all
When choosing coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Is my Ford Escort covered if I use it for business?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Car insurance 101
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like fire damage, rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like pain and suffering, attorney fees and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Ford Escort.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses like doctor visits, X-ray expenses and EMT expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Feed the piggy bank
You just read many tips how you can save on 1997 Ford Escort insurance. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Cost effective insurance can be bought on the web and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
More information is located at the links below
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area