Cheapest 1993 Honda Civic del Sol Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 30, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced Honda Civic del Sol insurance can dwindle your savings account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Comparison shopping is a smart way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Consumers have many car insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, lots of choices makes it harder to find the lowest cost provider.
Consumers need to do rate comparisons occasionally due to the fact that insurance rates trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price for Civic del Sol coverage on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Starting now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in how to use the internet to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Buying car insurance is not rocket science. Essentially every vehicle owner who buys auto insurance will most likely be able to cut their insurance bill. Nevertheless, vehicle owners must know the way companies compete online and use this information to your advantage.
The best way we recommend to compare rate quotes is to take advantage of the fact auto insurance companies will pay a fee to provide you with a free rate quote. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give the companies some data like if a SR-22 is required, driver ages, your general credit rating, and your education level. Your insurance information is then submitted to many highly-rated insurers and they return rate quotes instantly.
To compare rates for a 1993 Honda Civic del Sol now, click here and complete the form.
Take discounts and save
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all available discounts very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Honda could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
Companies that possibly offer these discounts include:
Double check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be offered in every state.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 1993 Honda Civic del Sol?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Factors determining your Honda Civic del Sol insurance premium
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. Lower population translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart auto theft.
- No coverage gaps is important – Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If your Honda Civic del Sol scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Marriage pays dividends – Being married actually saves money on insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
Auto insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the normal coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills for things like pain medications, EMT expenses, ambulance fees and hospital visits. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like medical expenses, legal defense fees, attorney fees and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your 1993 Honda Civic del Sol.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a deer, theft, falling objects, hail damage and a broken windshield. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for collisions
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims like hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a ditch and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Shop. Compare. Save.
When shopping online for insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Affordable 1993 Honda Civic del Sol insurance is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not provide online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Even more information is located in the articles below:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it important to consider insurance rates for a 1993 Honda Civic del Sol?
:Considering insurance rates for a 1993 Honda Civic del Sol is important because insurance costs are a significant aspect of owning and operating a vehicle. Understanding the factors that influence insurance rates for this specific model can help you make informed decisions and potentially save money.
What factors can affect insurance rates for a 1993 Honda Civic del Sol?
Several factors can influence insurance rates for a 1993 Honda Civic del Sol, including:
- Vehicle type: The Honda Civic del Sol is a two-seater sports car. Insurance rates for sports cars tend to be higher due to their higher performance capabilities and increased risk of accidents.
- Vehicle age and condition: Older vehicles like the 1993 Civic del Sol may have lower insurance rates due to their lower market value.
- Usage: How you use your Civic del Sol (e.g., personal use, commuting, business use) can affect insurance rates.
- Location: The area where you live and park your vehicle can influence insurance rates due to factors like crime rates, accident frequency, and local regulations.
- Driver profile: Your age, driving history, and other personal factors can impact insurance rates for any vehicle, including the 1993 Honda Civic del Sol.
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for a 1993 Honda Civic del Sol?
To find the cheapest insurance rates for a 1993 Honda Civic del Sol, consider the following tips:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare rates and coverage options.
- Maintain a clean driving record: Avoid traffic violations and accidents to maintain a good driving record, which can lead to lower insurance rates.
- Inquire about discounts: Ask your insurance provider about any available discounts, such as safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, or discounts for safety features.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurance companies offer usage-based insurance programs where your premiums are based on your driving habits. If you’re a safe driver, this could lead to lower rates.
Are there any specific insurance considerations for a 1993 Honda Civic del Sol?
When insuring a 1993 Honda Civic del Sol, it’s important to consider the following:
- Coverage options: Determine the type and level of coverage that best suits your needs, such as liability, collision, comprehensive, and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
- Safety features: The 1993 Civic del Sol may have certain safety features, such as airbags or anti-lock braking systems. Inquire with your insurance provider if these features qualify for any discounts.
- Modifications: If your Civic del Sol has any modifications or aftermarket additions, it’s essential to inform your insurance provider, as they can affect coverage and rates.
How can I estimate the insurance rates for a 1993 Honda Civic del Sol?
To estimate insurance rates for a 1993 Honda Civic del Sol, you can contact insurance providers directly and provide them with the necessary details, such as your location, driving history, and specific coverage needs. Insurance rates can vary based on factors such as your personal profile, the model of your Civic del Sol, and the insurance provider’s underwriting criteria. Obtaining multiple quotes from different insurers will give you a better understanding of the potential insurance rates for your Civic del Sol.
Can I reduce my insurance rates for a 1993 Honda Civic del Sol over time?
Yes, there are several ways to potentially reduce your insurance rates for a 1993 Honda Civic del Sol over time:
- Maintain a clean driving record: Avoid accidents and traffic violations to demonstrate responsible driving behavior, which can lead to lower insurance rates over time.
- Build a history of insurance coverage: Continuously maintaining auto insurance coverage and a consistent payment history can show insurers that you are a reliable customer, potentially resulting in lower rates.
- Take advantage of discounts: As you accumulate years of driving experience and establish a good insurance history, you may become eligible for additional discounts. Inquire with your insurance provider about any available discounts for long-term customers.
- Periodically review your coverage: As your 1993 Honda Civic del Sol ages and its value depreciates, reassessing your coverage needs can help you avoid paying for unnecessary coverage and potentially lower your insurance rates.
- Improve your credit score: In some states or insurance companies, a good credit score can positively impact your insurance rates. Make an effort to maintain a healthy credit score by paying bills on time and managing your finances responsibly.
What should I do if I’m having trouble finding affordable insurance for my 1993 Honda Civic del Sol?
If you’re having difficulty finding affordable insurance for your 1993 Honda Civic del Sol, consider the following options:
- Seek quotes from different insurance providers: Not all insurance companies rate vehicles the same way, so it’s worth exploring options from multiple providers to find the most competitive rates.
- Work with an insurance broker: An insurance broker can help you navigate the insurance market and find suitable coverage options at competitive rates.
- Consider joining an auto club or association: Some auto clubs or associations offer discounted insurance rates to their members. Explore membership options that may provide access to exclusive insurance deals.
- Opt for higher deductibles: Increasing your deductibles can lower your premiums, but be sure to evaluate whether you can comfortably afford the higher out-of-pocket expenses in the event of a claim.
- Improve your driving skills: Completing a defensive driving course or driver’s education program may not only enhance your driving skills but also make you eligible for insurance discounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area