Cheapest 1995 Honda Civic del Sol Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 1, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for low-cost insurance for a Honda Civic del Sol can turn out to be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to find lower rates. There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to compare rates on a Honda and obtain the cheapest rates from both online companies and local agents.
How to Compare Insurance Coverage
Shopping for lower insurance coverage rates can be a lot of work if you aren’t aware of the most efficient way to do it. You can waste a lot of time talking about coverages with agents in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to get the quickest rates.
Most car insurance companies participate in a marketplace where prospective buyers complete one form, and each participating company can provide price quotes based on that information. This saves time by eliminating quote requests for every insurance coverage company.
To use this form to compare 1995 Honda Civic del Sol insurance rates click here (opens in new window).
One minor caviat to pricing coverage this way is you cannot specify the insurers you want pricing from. If you would rather choose from a list of companies to compare, we have assembled a list of companies who write insurance coverage in your area. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you which method you use, but compare apples-to-apples coverages and limits for each comparison quote. If you compare unequal deductibles or liability limits you will not be able to make an equal comparison.
Get lower rates on 1995 Honda Civic del Sol insurance
Companies do not advertise all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both the well known and the more hidden insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Honda could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in high school.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies allow you one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
For a list of providers who offer insurance discounts, click this link.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
The coverage is in the details
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass, vandalism and falling objects. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as court costs, pain and suffering, funeral expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for nursing services, EMT expenses and pain medications. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This gives you protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 1995 Honda Civic del Sol.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Civic del Sol resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to save on 1995 Honda Civic del Sol insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
Lower-priced insurance is attainable from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1995 Honda Civic del Sol?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 1995 Honda Civic del Sol, you can take the following steps:
- Shop around: Compare quotes from multiple insurance providers to find the best rates.
- Opt for higher deductibles: Choosing a higher deductible can lower your insurance premium.
- Maintain a good driving record: Having a clean driving history can help you qualify for lower insurance rates.
- Inquire about discounts: Ask your insurance provider about any available discounts, such as multi-car, multi-policy, or safe driver discounts.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurers offer usage-based insurance programs that track your driving habits and offer discounts based on your behavior behind the wheel.
Are there any specific factors that affect insurance rates for a 1995 Honda Civic del Sol?
Yes, several factors can influence the insurance rates for a 1995 Honda Civic del Sol, including:
- Location: Insurance rates can vary depending on where you live due to factors such as crime rates, population density, and the likelihood of accidents.
- Vehicle value and repair costs: The Honda Civic del Sol is a sporty coupe, and its value and repair costs may affect insurance rates.
- Usage of the vehicle: If the vehicle is used for commuting, has a high annual mileage, or is modified for performance, insurance rates may be higher.
- Driver’s age and driving history: Younger and less experienced drivers typically face higher insurance premiums. Additionally, a history of accidents or traffic violations can also increase rates.
Does the type of insurance coverage affect the cost for a 1995 Honda Civic del Sol?
Yes, the type of insurance coverage you choose can affect the cost of insuring a 1995 Honda Civic del Sol. Comprehensive and collision coverage, which protect against theft, damage, and accidents, generally have higher premiums compared to liability-only coverage. However, liability-only coverage may not provide adequate protection for your vehicle in case of an accident. It’s essential to consider your specific needs and financial situation when selecting the coverage type.
Can I reduce insurance costs for a 1995 Honda Civic del Sol by opting for minimum coverage?
While opting for minimum coverage (liability-only) can lower your insurance costs, it’s important to carefully evaluate the potential risks and financial consequences. Liability-only coverage only provides protection for damages you cause to others and does not cover damages to your own vehicle. Considering the value and potential repair costs of a Honda Civic del Sol, it’s recommended to assess the potential risks and the potential cost of repairs or replacements before deciding on the coverage level.
Are there any specific insurance companies that offer affordable rates for a 1995 Honda Civic del Sol?
Insurance rates can vary significantly between different insurance companies, so it’s essential to compare quotes from multiple providers. Some insurance companies known for offering competitive rates for compact cars like the 1995 Honda Civic del Sol include GEICO, Progressive, State Farm, Allstate, and Nationwide. However, rates can depend on various factors, including your location, driving history, and coverage needs, so it’s best to obtain personalized quotes to find the most affordable option for your specific situation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area