Cheapest 1993 Mercury Capri Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest car insurance rates for your Mercury Capri? Finding affordable car insurance is always a challenge for beginners to comparison shopping online. Drivers have so many options available that it can be a real hassle to locate the lowest price.
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year because insurance rates trend upward over time. Even if you got the best price for Capri coverage a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the things you must know in order to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Mercury Capri rates are in the details
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that may reward you with better insurance rates.
Listed below are some of the items insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse is a fast way to pay more for insurance. Not only will rates go up, but not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more miles you rack up on your Mercury every year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Having the wrong rating on your Capri can result in significantly higher rates. Ask your agent if your insurance policy shows how each vehicle is driven.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Many insurers will give a discount to insureds who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Liability coverage protects you – The liability section of your policy will protect you if ever you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Mercury from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance will be for Capri coverage.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your 1993 Mercury Capri by improving your rating.
- Older drivers save more – Young drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. Parents adding a teen driver to your policy can be very expensive. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Occupations such as doctors, business owners and accountants have higher rates than average due to stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. On the flip side, occupations such as actors, athletes and retirees get better rates for Capri coverage.
Cheap Auto Insurance Comparisons
Most companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO quote prices on their websites. Obtaining pricing is fairly straightforward as you just type in your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. Upon sending the form, their rating system orders your credit score and driving record and returns pricing information determined by many factors.
Online price quotes makes comparing rates easy, but the time required to go to multiple sites and fill out multiple forms is repetitive and time-consuming. But it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible in order to find a lower rate.
The preferred way to compare auto insurance pricing utilizes a single form that gets prices from several different companies. It’s a real time-saver, reduces the work, and makes online shopping much more enjoyable. Immediately after submitting the form, it is rated and you can choose your choice of the quotes returned. If you find a better price it’s easy to complete the application and buy the policy. The entire process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To find out how much you can save on auto insurance, click here and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you input the limits and deductibles as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you are getting a fair comparison based on identical coverages.
Cut your insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Drivers Education – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house may earn you a small savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
To see a list of companies who offer insurance discounts, click here.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Car insurance coverage specifics
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like doctor visits, X-ray expenses, ambulance fees and EMT expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like bail bonds, emergency aid, medical services, legal defense fees and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Capri from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive car insurance
Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding, falling objects and vandalism. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Mercury Capri.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Stretch your dollar
We’ve covered a lot of ways to compare 1993 Mercury Capri insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from a small local company.
Lower-priced insurance can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium, poor customer service or delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching insurance coverage companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
More tips and info about insurance coverage can be found in the articles below:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for my 1993 Mercury Capri?
To find the cheapest insurance rates for your 1993 Mercury Capri, there are a few steps you can take. Start by shopping around and obtaining quotes from multiple insurance companies. Compare the coverage options and prices they offer to find the best deal. Additionally, maintaining a good driving record, opting for higher deductibles, and bundling your auto insurance with other policies may help lower your rates.
What factors affect the insurance rates for a 1993 Mercury Capri?
Several factors can influence the insurance rates for a 1993 Mercury Capri. These factors may include your location, driving record, age, gender, credit history, the level of coverage you choose, and the value of your vehicle. Insurance companies also consider the safety features, repair costs, and theft rates associated with the specific make and model of your car.
Can I lower my insurance rates for a 1993 Mercedes-Benz 190 by selecting minimum coverage?
Opting for minimum coverage may reduce insurance premiums, but it’s important to consider the potential risks and drawbacks. Minimum coverage may not provide adequate protection in the event of an accident or other incidents, and it’s essential to balance cost savings with sufficient coverage to meet your needs.
Can I adjust my coverage to lower the insurance rates for my 1993 Mercury Capri?
Yes, adjusting your coverage can potentially help lower the insurance rates for your 1993 Mercury Capri. However, it’s essential to carefully consider your coverage needs before making any changes. While reducing your coverage may lower your premiums, it could leave you with insufficient protection in the event of an accident or other incidents. It’s recommended to speak with your insurance provider to understand the implications of adjusting your coverage.
Does the mileage on my 1993 Mercury Capri affect the insurance rates?
Yes, the mileage on your 1993 Mercury Capri can impact the insurance rates to some extent. Generally, lower annual mileage may lead to lower insurance premiums, as it implies less exposure to potential accidents. Insurance companies may ask for an estimate of your annual mileage when determining your rates, so be prepared to provide this information when obtaining quotes.
Are there any specialized insurance companies that offer coverage for classic or vintage 1993 Mercury Capri vehicles?
Yes, there are specialized insurance companies that offer coverage specifically tailored to classic or vintage vehicles, including the 1993 Mercury Capri. They include Hagerty, American Collectors Insurance, and Grundy Insurance.
Can I take advantage of any discounts to lower insurance rates for a 1993 Mercury Capri?
Yes, you can potentially qualify for various discounts to lower insurance rates for your 1993 Mercury Capri. Contact your insurance provider to inquire about available discounts such as safe driver, multi-policy, and anti-theft device discounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area