1994 Ford Taurus Insurance Quotes – 10 Savings Tips
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better car insurance rates for your Ford Taurus? Shopping for cheap car insurance over the internet can seem to be problematic for consumers new to comparison shopping online. With a ridiculous number of choices, how can you effectively compare the different rates to find the lowest price available?
Don’t miss these ten discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known car insurance savings.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a defensive driving course could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
Car insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts include:
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not be available everywhere.
Low Cost Insurance
There are a lot of ways to shop for insurance, and some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking to insurance agencies in your area, or you could save time and use the web to quickly compare rates.
Many popular insurance companies take part in a program that allows shoppers to only type in their quote data once, and at least one company provides a quote for coverage. This eliminates the need for form submissions for every insurance company.
To find out how much you can save on insurance click to open in new window.
The single downside to doing it this way is that you can’t choose which carriers you will receive quotes from. So if you prefer to pick from a list of companies for rate comparison, we have a page of the cheapest insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make sure you use exactly the same coverage limits on every quote. If you have different deductibles it’s impossible to determine which rate is truly the best. Having just a slight variation in coverages may result in a large different in cost. Just keep in mind that quoting more will enable you to find the best price.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When might I need help?
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Information about specific coverages
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as medical expenses, legal defense fees, bail bonds, medical services and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses like surgery, pain medications and hospital visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane, falling objects and hitting a deer. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Be a smart shopper
You just read a lot of tips how to save on 1994 Ford Taurus insurance. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheaper insurance is attainable both online as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area