Ford Ford Taurus Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Comparison shopping for insurance is always a challenge for beginners buying insurance online. People have so many options that it can quickly become a lot of work to compare prices.
It’s a good idea to do rate comparisons quite often because prices change regularly. Even if you think you had the best rates for Taurus insurance six months ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to learn the proper way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Discounts Mean Cheaper Ford Taurus Insurance Rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less for Taurus insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break on auto insurance for Taurus insurance.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may earn you small savings because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with airbags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20% or more.
- Student in College – Youth drivers living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a discount of up to 10% for Taurus insurance.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will cut the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurers with the best auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to realize auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including how much education you have, if the vehicle is leased, how many miles driven, and if you are currently licensed. That information is sent automatically to multiple insurance providers and you get price estimates instantly.
To compare multiple company rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
Pieces of the Ford Taurus Insurance Rate puzzle
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Big City or Small Town – Living in a rural area is a positive aspect when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer people means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Urban drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
- Lower Rates With Optional Equipment – Owning a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems, or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent auto theft.
- Policy Add-Ons can waste money – There are a lot of extra coverages that can waste your money on your Taurus policy. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and membership fees may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea initially, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Marriage Pays Dividends – Getting married can actually save you money on your policy. Marriage is viewed as being more responsible and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Always Keep Insurance in Force – Not having insurance is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state motor vehicle department.
- Multiple Policies With One Company Can Save – The majority of insurance companies give discounts to insureds who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
Tailor Your Coverage to You
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs. These are some specific questions that might point out whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 1997 Ford Taurus?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Why am I forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 1997 Ford Taurus?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Insurance coverage companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. They all seem to say the same thing about savings if you switch your coverage to them. How does each company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies can use profiling for the driver they prefer to insure. An example of a profitable customer might be profiled as between 25 and 40, has no prior claims, and drives newer vehicles. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Consumers who are not a match for these standards will be charged a more expensive rate and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That is how companies can state their savings.
That is why you absolutely need to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings on Ford Taurus insurance.
Car Insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of an insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 1997 Ford Taurus.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Taurus resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as sustaining damage from a pothole, colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car, crashing into a ditch, and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims like medical services, emergency aid, and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical Expense Coverage or Personal Injury Protection
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provides coverage for expenses like hospital visits, pain medications, chiropractic care, and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used to fill the gap in your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage covers damage other than a collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hitting a bird, hitting a deer, vandalism, rock chips in glass, and falling objects. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if a 1997 Ford Taurus’s price or value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Save For a Rainy Day
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to compare 1997 Ford Taurus insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the most savings are with a lesser-known regional company.
Budget-conscious insurance is definitely available on the web and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
When shopping online for insurance, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area