1994 Honda Civic del Sol Car Insurance Quotes – 8 Savings Tips
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 26, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced auto insurance can dwindle your personal savings and put a big crunch on your finances. Doing a price comparison is a smart way to slash your bill and have more diposable income. Big-name insurance companies like GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with advertising and it can be hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Finding Insurance Coverage Deals
Finding cheaper 1994 Honda Civic del Sol insurance coverage prices can be surprisingly simple. All that’s required is to spend a few minutes to get quotes from different insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- One of the best ways consumers can make multiple comparisons is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This method keeps you from doing repetitive form submissions for each company. A single form compares rates from several companies.
- Another way to compare rate quotes is to manually visit each company website to complete a price quote. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want to compare Allstate, Progressive and American Family. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
However you get your quotes, double check that you are using the exact same deductibles and coverage limits with each company. If the quotes have different liability limits it will be very difficult to determine which rate is truly the best.
How to save on 1994 Honda Civic del Sol insurance
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize all their discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Driver Safety – Taking a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of insurers with the best auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions might point out if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Does my 1994 Honda Civic del Sol need full coverage?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Is there deception in advertising?
Drivers can’t get away from ads for cheaper car insurance from the likes of Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you change your coverage to them.
How does each company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer they prefer to insure. An example of a desirable insured could possibly be between 30 and 50, has no tickets, and has a short commute. Any new insured who matches those parameters will get the preferred rates and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who fall outside the requirements will be quoted higher prices and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can state the savings. This emphasizes why you should get as many quotes as possible. It’s impossible to know which insurance company will have the lowest Honda Civic del Sol insurance rates.
Coverages available on your policy
Having a good grasp of auto insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverage types available from auto insurance companies.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Civic del Sol from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as loss of income, structural damage, court costs, repair costs for stationary objects and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses like prosthetic devices, surgery, chiropractic care, rehabilitation expenses and X-ray expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like vandalism, a broken windshield, damage from flooding and hitting a bird. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Saving money makes a lot of cents
The cheapest 1994 Honda Civic del Sol insurance can be found both online and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional insurance coverage information is available at the links below
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area