Toyota Toyota 4Runner Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 2, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding affordable insurance is a challenge for beginners to comparison shopping online. Consumers have so many options that it can quickly become a big hassle to locate the lowest price.
Elements that influence Toyota 4Runner insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
- Being married can save on auto insurance – Being married can get you a discount on your policy. Marriage is viewed as being more mature than a single person and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Occupations like judges, executives and financial analysts tend to pay higher average rates in part from job stress and long work days. Conversely, professions such as farmers, engineers and the unemployed have the lowest average rates for 4Runner insurance.
- Your location is important – Living in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when it comes to auto insurance. Urban drivers have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Lower population means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Your driving citation history impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Just one citation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who have serious citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
Quick Insurance Coverage Quotes
When shopping for insurance coverage there are multiple ways of comparing rates from local insurance coverage companies. The easiest way by far to find competitive 1994 Toyota 4Runner insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- One of the simplest ways to find low rates is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This method eliminates the need for boring form submissions for each company. One form submission gets rate comparisons instantly. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A more time consuming way to analyze rates is going to each company’s website and request a quote. For examples sake, we’ll pretend you want rates from State Farm, Progressive and American Family. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The hardest way to get comparison rates is to spend time driving to insurance agents’ offices. Shopping for insurance coverage online makes this process obsolete unless you prefer the professional guidance only provided by licensed agents. However, consumers can price shop online and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll talk about that later.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just be sure to compare the exact same quote information for every company. If each company quotes differing limits you will not be able to make an equal comparison. Having just a slight variation in coverages can result in a big premium difference. And when price shopping your coverage, quoting more gives you a better chance of getting better pricing.
Are car insurance companies telling the truth?
Companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO consistently run ads on TV and radio. All the ads make the same claim about savings if you change to their company. How does each company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that makes them money. For instance, a profitable customer could be between 25 and 40, has no driving citations, and has a short commute. Any driver that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who are not a match for the requirements will be quoted a higher premium and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings.
This emphasizes why you should compare many company’s rates. You cannot predict which company will have the lowest Toyota 4Runner insurance rates.
Save with discounts on Toyota 4Runner insurance
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but some must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% for 4Runner insurance depending on your company.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Toyota can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more for 4Runner insurance than less cautious drivers.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of insurers who offer car insurance discounts, click this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 1994 Toyota 4Runner to commute?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Insurance coverages explained
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 1994 Toyota 4Runner.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as rolling your car, driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Auto liability insurance – This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims like emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as theft, damage from flooding and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses, EMT expenses and pain medications. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Have money to burn
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal or delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
We just showed you a lot of ways to shop for 1994 Toyota 4Runner insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best prices are with an unexpected company.
Cheap insurance can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. A few companies do not provide online quoting and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
Additional learning opportunities
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area