Cheapest 1991 Toyota 4Runner Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower auto insurance rates for your Toyota 4Runner? Are you a victim of overpriced auto insurance? Trust us, there are lots of people in the same boat. There is such a variety of auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates and find the lowest cost auto insurance.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes occasionally since rates trend upward over time. If you had the best deal on 4Runner insurance last year there may be better deals available now. Starting right now, forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you how to use the internet to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Finding the best rates is quite easy. If you have car insurance now, you should be able to cut costs considerably using these techniques. Drivers only need to know the tricks to compare prices over the internet.
How to Get Insurance Comparison Quotes
There are several ways to shop for Toyota 4Runner insurance, but some are easier and takes less work. You could spend your day driving to agents in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to get prices fast.
The majority of car insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace that allows shoppers to submit their information once, and each company can provide price quotes. This system prevents you from having to do form submissions to every company.
To compare 1991 Toyota 4Runner rates using this form now click to open in new window.
One minor caviat to getting quotes like this is you cannot specify which providers you will receive quotes from. So if you prefer to choose individual companies to request quotes from, we have assembled a list of the cheapest insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you which method you use, but ensure you’re using apples-to-apples deductibles and coverage limits for each comparison quote. If you use higher or lower deductibles it will be next to impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Toyota 4Runner.
The insurance coverage bait and switch
Drivers constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings from the likes of GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all say the same thing of big savings if you move your coverage to them.
How do they all say the same thing?
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a preferred risk might be between the ages of 40 and 55, a clean driving record, and has great credit. Any new insured who meets those qualifications receives the best rates and most likely will save when they switch companies.
Drivers who don’t measure up to these standards will be charged higher premiums which leads to business not being written. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently claim big savings. That is why you need to compare many company’s rates. You cannot predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Toyota 4Runner insurance rates.
These factors can influence what you pay for Toyota 4Runner insurance
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help determine auto insurance rates. Knowing what determines base rates enables informed choices that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
The following are some of the items auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- One company can mean more discounts – Most companies will give a discount to policyholders who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to compare rates to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Marriage pays dividends – Getting married can get you a discount on auto insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature than a single person and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. They both have accidents in similar percentages, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder car theft.
More discounts equal less premium
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every discount very clearly, so we break down some of the best known and the more hidden insurance coverage savings. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on 4Runner insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers can possibly qualify for reduced rates on 4Runner insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who live away from home and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military can result in better rates.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
A partial list of companies who might offer these benefits include:
Check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as theft, hail damage, a broken windshield and hitting a bird. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your 1991 Toyota 4Runner.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your 4Runner caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses like surgery, ambulance fees, hospital visits, rehabilitation expenses and nursing services. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability – This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as loss of income, court costs, legal defense fees, bail bonds and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible.
Save your hard earned cash
Lower-priced 1991 Toyota 4Runner insurance is attainable both online as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We’ve covered many ways to shop for insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area