1995 Ford Taurus Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 17, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Beginners to comparing insurance rates online might discover finding cheap insurance coverage quite challenging.
It’s important to shop coverage around before your policy renews since rates go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price for Taurus insurance a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Starting right now, block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because you’re about to learn the best way to save on insurance coverage.
If you have car insurance now, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using this information. The purpose of this post is to help educate you on the most effective way to quote insurance and some tips to save money. Nevertheless, drivers do need to understand how companies compete online and use this information to your advantage.
The best way we recommend to compare rate quotes takes advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers allow for online access to give you rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is give the companies some data like marital status, deductibles desired, types of safety features, and if you have a valid license. Your information gets sent immediately to multiple different insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes within a short period of time.
To find lower rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every discount very well, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the lesser-known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could trigger savings on auto insurance for Taurus insurance.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates for Taurus insurance.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount for Taurus insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
For a list of insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts, click here.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When buying the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Auto insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from getting keyed, vandalism and hitting a bird. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills for things like X-ray expenses, EMT expenses, ambulance fees and pain medications. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Taurus from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical services, funeral expenses and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Ford Taurus.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Smart shoppers get results
We’ve covered some good ideas how to get a better price on 1995 Ford Taurus insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, switching insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
Cheaper insurance can be found both online as well as from independent agentsinsurance , so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies don’t offer online price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area