1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse Car Insurance Rates – 9 Tips for Cheapest Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Confused by the wide range of insurance coverage companies? Many other drivers are as well. There are so many options available that it can be a challenge to locate the lowest price.
Consumers need to take a look at other company’s rates yearly since rates go up and down regularly. If you had the best deal for Eclipse coverage on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. There is too much inaccurate information about insurance coverage online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some proven techniques to find cheap insurance coverage.
Take these nine discounts and save
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount for Eclipse coverage depending on your company.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Distant Student – Kids in college living away from home attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on insurance for Eclipse coverage.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
For a list of providers offering insurance discounts, follow this link.
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
21st Century, Allstate and State Farm consistently run television and radio advertisements. All the companies say the same thing about savings if you change to their company. How do they all make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For example, a preferred risk could be between 25 and 40, owns a home, and drives newer vehicles. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who don’t meet the “perfect” profile must pay higher rates which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently claim big savings.
This illustrates why you need to compare as many rates as you can. You cannot predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance rates.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When buying the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance policy coverages for a 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Eclipse resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Mitsubishi Eclipse.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane and vandalism. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
This can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims such as structural damage, loss of income and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses like doctor visits, chiropractic care, prosthetic devices and pain medications. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Buy Smart and Save
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions and even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
Cost effective 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area