Oldsmobile Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 8, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper car insurance rates for your Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale? No one looks forward to paying for car insurance, especially knowing they are paying too much. Drivers have so many car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, it makes it harder to compare company pricing.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes periodically since insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the best rates on Eighty-Eight Royale insurance a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. There is too much inaccurate information about car insurance online, so I’m going to show you the best ways to buy car insurance cheaper.
Cut prices on Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale insurance
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but some must be inquired about before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% on Eighty-Eight Royale insurance depending on your company.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Resident Student – Kids in college who are attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will cut your overall premium however.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Savings may not apply in every state.
Some factors that can determine what Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale insurance costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine auto insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
- A clean driving record saves money – Even one moving violation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. If you have flagrant violations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Most insurance companies give discounts to insureds who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to compare rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Where you live can impact rates – Residing in a rural area has it’s advantages when talking about auto insurance. City drivers have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Safer cars get lower rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If the Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Your credit rating is important – Credit score is a big factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1995 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale by repairing your credit. People with good credit tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are a ton of add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying auto insurance. Coverages for personal injury protection, accidental death and term life insurance are some examples. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Does my 1995 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale need full coverage?
- What if I total my 1995 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale and owe more than it’s worth?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Eighty-Eight Royale from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as backing into a parked car, rolling your car, crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as a broken windshield, falling objects, vandalism and hitting a bird. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses, hospital visits, EMT expenses and ambulance fees. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance
This provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things like structural damage, medical expenses and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Be a penny pincher
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
We just presented some good ideas how to get a better price on 1995 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale insurance. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with an unexpected company. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Much more information about insurance coverage can be read on the following sites:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area