Cheapest 1997 Chevrolet Chevy Van Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 1, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better insurance coverage rates for your Chevrolet Chevy Van? Having to pay for overpriced insurance coverage can take a big chunk out of your personal savings and make it impossible to make ends meet. Comparing price quotes is a great way to help make ends meet. Insurance companies such as Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm continually hit you with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to ignore the propoganda and find the best price available.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or need a new policy, you can use these tips to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Finding affordable coverage is quite easy. Drivers just need to understand the best way to shop for auto insurance on the web.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get reduced rates on Chevy van insurance.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less on Chevy van insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
For a list of companies with the best insurance discounts, follow this link.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Does my 1997 Chevy Chevy Van qualify for pleasure use?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
This will pay to fix damage to your Chevy Van caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole, rolling your car, backing into a parked car and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Chevy Van.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses for hospital visits, prosthetic devices and doctor visits. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as structural damage, emergency aid, bail bonds and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as fire damage, hitting a bird, hail damage and theft. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
A penny earned…
Discount 1997 Chevy Chevy Van insurance is available from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not provide online quoting and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest auto insurance rates for my 1997 Chevrolet Chevy Van in 2023?
To find the cheapest auto insurance rates for your 1997 Chevrolet Chevy Van, you can enter your zip code on this page to use the free quote tool. By comparing quotes from different companies, you increase your chances of finding the best price available.
What discounts are available for auto insurance?
Auto insurance companies offer various discounts to help you save on your premiums. Some well-known discounts include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, and good student discounts. There may also be lesser-known discounts available. It’s important to ask your insurance provider about all the discounts you may be eligible for to ensure you’re getting the best rate.
Should I tailor my coverage to my specific needs?
Yes, when it comes to buying auto insurance coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all policy. Each situation is unique, and your coverage should be tailored to your specific needs. Consider factors such as your driving habits, the value of your vehicle, and your financial situation when choosing coverages, limits, and deductibles.
What are the different coverages found in an auto insurance policy?
The average auto insurance policy includes several coverages. Here are some of the common ones:
- Collision insurance: This coverage pays for damage to your Chevy Van caused by a collision with another vehicle or object, minus the deductible.
- Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers: This coverage provides protection if you’re involved in an accident with a driver who either has no liability insurance or insufficient coverage.
- Medical expense insurance: Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage help cover expenses for hospital visits, doctor visits, and other medical costs resulting from an accident. They can be used in conjunction with health insurance or as a substitute if you don’t have health coverage.
- Auto liability: This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you cause to other people or their property. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
- Comprehensive (Other than Collision): Comprehensive insurance covers damage to your vehicle from events other than collisions, such as fire, theft, or natural disasters
How can I find companies with the cheapest rates in my area?
To find companies with the cheapest rates in your area, you can use the free quote tool on this page. It will provide you with a list of companies offering auto insurance in your zip code, allowing you to compare rates and find the best price.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area