View 1997 Ford Expedition Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one in their right mind looks forward to paying for auto insurance, particularly when their premiums are through the roof. Having so many companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to find the most affordable provider.
It’s smart to compare rates every six months since rates change frequently. Even if you think you had the best rates for Expedition coverage a year ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Starting right now, block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the things you must know in order to save on auto insurance.
Locating the lowest cost coverage is simple if you know the tricks. If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Drivers just need to know the most efficient way to shop their coverage around over the internet.
Elements that influence Ford Expedition insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that go into determining insurance coverage rates. Knowing what determines base rates enables informed choices that could result in lower insurance coverage prices.
- How credit affects insurance coverage rates – A driver’s credit rating is a important factor in calculating your insurance coverage rates. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit history can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your 1997 Ford Expedition by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most insurance coverage companies give discounts to people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount, you still need to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Males pay more for insurance – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. They both have accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are a lot of extra coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, towing coverage and motor club memberships are some examples. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Driving without insurance is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. And not only will your rates increase, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state DMV.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas can save you money when talking about insurance coverage. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated areas have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. More time commuting means more change of being in an accident.
- Mature drivers pay less – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – Driving more miles in a year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Improper usage on your Expedition may be costing you. Double check that your insurance coverage coverage is showing the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
How to save on Ford Expedition insurance
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but a few need to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing digitally online.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when buying auto insurance for Expedition coverage.
- College Student – Kids in college who live away from home without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Ford can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums for Expedition coverage.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Expedition coverage than drivers with accident claims.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
For a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates, click here to view.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Is my 1997 Ford Expedition covered for flood damage?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Information about specific coverages
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Collision – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Expedition resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from flooding, a broken windshield, falling objects, theft and hitting a bird. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Insurance for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills like chiropractic care, prosthetic devices, nursing services and doctor visits. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Ford Expedition.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Auto liability – Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses, funeral expenses, medical services and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Coverage on a shoestring budget
We just showed you a lot of ways to lower your 1997 Ford Expedition insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the best price on insurance coverage is with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Cheap insurance is definitely available online and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
More information can be found on the following sites:
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area