Cheapest 2000 Ford Expedition Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding the cheapest insurance for a Ford Expedition can be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to make it easier. There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates and we’ll show you the quickest way to price shop coverage on a Ford and obtain the lowest price either online or from local insurance agents.
If you have a policy now or need a new policy, you can learn to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. Locating the lowest cost protection is simple if you know the tricks. Vehicle owners just need to understand the most effective way to get comparison quotes online.
Ford Expedition rates influenced by many factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help determine your car insurance rates. Knowing what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get big savings.
- Your car insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Jobs such as lawyers, executives and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates due to job stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, occupations such as pilots, students and retirees receive lower rates on Expedition insurance.
- Too many car insurance claims drive up costs – Car insurance companies award better rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you file claims often, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Things like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and membership fees may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Lower rates come with age – Teen drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Ford Expedition has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Equipment add-ons that lower car insurance rates – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. They both are in accidents at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage. They also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
- Being married can save on car insurance – Being married can get you a discount on your policy. Having a significant other translates into being more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Companies don’t always list all their discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application digitally online.
- Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on car insurance on Expedition insurance.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Ford could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
For a list of providers offering car insurance discounts, click here.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2000 Ford Expedition?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Parts of your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Expedition resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like legal defense fees, emergency aid and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses like surgery, ambulance fees, dental work and doctor visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed, hail damage and vandalism. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Ford Expedition.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
A penny saved is a penny earned
We just showed you some good ideas how to lower your 2000 Ford Expedition insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest premiums are with the smaller companies.
The cheapest insurance can be sourced both online and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
Much more information about insurance coverage is available on the following sites:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest auto insurance rates for my 2000 Ford Expedition in 2023?
To find the cheapest auto insurance rates for your 2000 Ford Expedition, you can use an online quote tool. Enter your zip code and provide the necessary information about your vehicle and desired coverage amounts. The tool will generate quotes from multiple companies, allowing you to compare rates and choose the most affordable option.
What factors influence the rates for a Ford Expedition?
The rates for a Ford Expedition can be influenced by various factors, including your location, driving history, age, gender, credit score, and the coverage options you choose. Insurance companies also consider the vehicle’s value, safety features, and repair costs when determining rates.
Are there discounts available for auto insurance?
Yes, many auto insurance companies offer discounts that can help you save on your premiums. Some common discounts include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, multi-vehicle discounts, good student discounts, and discounts for safety features in your vehicle. It’s recommended to ask your insurance provider about available discounts to see if you qualify for any.
What are the different types of coverage in a car insurance policy?
Car insurance policies typically include various types of coverage. Here are some common ones:
- Liability insurance: Protects you from damages or injuries you may cause to others.
- Collision coverage: Covers damage to your vehicle resulting from collisions with objects or other cars.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: Protects you when the at-fault driver has insufficient insurance to cover your damages.
- Comprehensive coverage: Pays for damage to your vehicle caused by events other than collisions, such as theft or natural disasters.
- Medical payments and personal injury protection: Cover medical expenses for you and your passengers in the event of an accident.
How do I tailor my auto insurance coverage to my needs?
When choosing auto insurance coverage, it’s important to consider your specific situation. There is no one-size-fits-all policy, as each individual’s circumstances are unique. To determine the best coverage for you, you can ask yourself questions like: How often do I drive? Do I have any dependents who may use my vehicle? Do I own or lease my car? By considering these factors, you can determine the appropriate coverage levels and additional options that suit your needs.
Can I save money on auto insurance by getting discounts?
Yes, you can save money on auto insurance by taking advantage of available discounts. Many insurance companies offer discounts for things like safe driving, bundling multiple policies, being a good student, having certain safety features in your vehicle, and more. It’s recommended to ask your insurance provider about available discounts and see if you qualify for any.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area