Ford Ford Ranger Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 10, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
I can’t think of a single person who likes paying for insurance, especially knowing they are paying too much.
Because there are so many companies to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to locate the lowest cost company.
You should make it a habit to take a look at other company’s rates occasionally because insurance rates change regularly. Just because you found the best deal on Ranger insurance six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the only way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
These factors can influence Ford Ranger insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
- Mature drivers pay less – Young drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Driving your car without having proper coverage is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time.
- Your location affects your rates – Residing in less populated areas can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Careers like real estate brokers, business owners and accountants tend to pay higher rates than average in part from high stress and long work hours. On the flip side, occupations such as scientists, athletes and retirees have the lowest average rates on Ranger insurance.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes cause accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage. They also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Lower deductibles cost more – The deductibles define the amount you are required to spend in the event of a claim. Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be on Ranger insurance.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – The majority of insurers give discounts to people who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money. Consumers may find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
Car Insurance Comparisons
When shopping for car insurance there are multiple ways to get quotes from different insurance companies. The best method to find the lowest 1997 Ford Ranger rates is to perform an online rate comparison. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
The single most time-saving way consumers can analyze rates is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This type of form keeps you from doing boring form submissions to each individual car insurance company. Filling out one form gets you price quotes from multiple companies.
A harder way to compare prices is going to each individual company website to complete a price quote. For instance, let’s say you want to compare rates from Liberty Mutual, Allstate and GMAC. You would have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
However you get your quotes, ensure you are comparing exactly the same quote information for each price quote. If the quotes have higher or lower deductibles you can’t possibly determine the best price for your Ford Ranger. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits may cause a big price difference. And when comparing car insurance rates, know that quoting more gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Insurance coverage providers like Allstate and Progressive consistently run ads on TV and radio. They all make the same claim about savings if you change to their company. How does each company make almost identical claims?
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that makes them money. An example of a profitable customer might be profiled as between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and chooses high deductibles. A customer who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile will be charged higher premiums which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ad wording is “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently claim big savings. That is why you should get quotes from several different companies. It’s not possible to predict which company will give you the biggest savings on Ford Ranger insurance.
Cut your premium with discounts
Companies do not list every discount very clearly, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as the least known ways to save on insurance coverage.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on the same insurance coverage policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance coverage policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of insurance companies offering insurance coverage discounts, click here.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What is the best insurance coverage?
When buying coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 1997 Ford Ranger?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Auto insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Ford Ranger.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive car insurance – This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like rock chips in glass, a broken windshield and hitting a bird. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses like X-ray expenses, EMT expenses and doctor visits. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision – This pays for damage to your Ranger resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability car insurance – Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage, medical services, emergency aid and court costs. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible.
Have the Midas touch
While you’re price shopping online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper 1997 Ford Ranger insurance can be sourced on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area