1997 Land Rover Discovery Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 10, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 1997 Land Rover Discovery are $1,006 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs on average $182, collision costs $224, and liability costs around $442. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $496 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $2,154 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $3,996 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,006
Rate estimates for 1997 Land Rover Discovery Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 1997 Land Rover Discovery models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range go from as low as $496 for the bare minimum liability coverage to a much higher rate of $2,154 for high-risk insurance.
These differences demonstrate why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare prices based on a specific location and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 1997 Land Rover Discovery Insurance
Are you overwhelmed by the sheer number of car insurance companies? You have a lot of company. You have so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become more work than you anticipated to locate the lowest price.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using this information. Locating the cheapest auto insurance coverage is simple if you know the tricks. But car owners must learn the methods companies use to market on the web.
How to Get Cheap Insurance Coverage
All the larger insurance coverage companies such as State Farm and Allstate give pricing directly from their websites. Obtaining pricing is quite simple as you simply enter your required coverages into the quote form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system automatically retrieves your credit score and driving record and generates a price based on many factors.
Quoting online simplifies rate comparisons, but having to visit several different sites and fill out multiple forms is not the best way to spend an afternoon. Unfortunately, it is important to perform this step in order to find the lowest insurance coverage rates.
Rate comparisons made easy
The preferred way to find cheaper rates utilizes a single form that analyzes rates from a bunch of companies at once. This type of form saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes rate comparisons much easier. Once the form is submitted, your coverage is rated and you can choose any or none of the quotes returned. If the quotes result in lower rates, you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. The whole process only takes a few minutes and can result in significant savings.
To get comparison pricing now, click here to open in new window and submit your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you will get a rate comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the best known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Drivers Education – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% for Discovery insurance with select insurance companies.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of insurance companies offering car insurance discounts, click this link.
Parts of the Land Rover Discovery rate equation
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Understanding what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – The liability section of your policy is the protection if you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- More claims means more premium – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies generally give better rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Occupations like judges, architects and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates attributed to high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations such as actors, historians and the unemployed have the lowest average rates for Discovery insurance.
- Equipment add-ons that lower insurance coverage rates – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance coverage. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent car theft.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 1997 Land Rover Discovery?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Learn about car insurance coverages for a 1997 Land Rover Discovery
Understanding the coverages of car insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverage covers damage to your Discovery from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with a tree, crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox, rolling your car and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a deer, damage from flooding, rock chips in glass and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Land Rover Discovery.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like funeral expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like ambulance fees, chiropractic care, hospital visits, prosthetic devices and surgery. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
At the end of the day…
Discount 1997 Land Rover Discovery insurance is attainable from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We’ve covered many ideas to save on insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest premiums are with a lesser-known regional company.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,593|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,722|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$61|
|5-yr Claim Free||$62|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$37|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.