1998 Dodge Caravan Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 12, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper insurance rates for your Dodge Caravan? Shopping online for insurance can be complicated if you’ve never compared online quotes. But don’t let that discourage you because using the internet to shop for insurance is actually quite easy.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes every six months because insurance rates change quite often. If you had the best deal for Caravan insurance a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding insurance online, so we’re going to give you a lot of great tips on how to slash your insurance rates.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using this strategy. Nevertheless, car owners must comprehend the way insurance companies sell online and take advantage of how the system works.
How to Get Car Insurance Comparison Quotes
Most major insurance companies give coverage price quotes on their websites. Getting quotes doesn’t take a lot of time as you just type in your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, their rating system orders reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote based on many factors.
Quoting online helps simplify price comparisons, but the time required to go to many different websites and type in the same information can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find the lowest price.
The easiest way to locate the lowest prices requires only one form to obtain quotes from several different companies. This type of form saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes price shopping online a lot less work. Once the form is submitted, it is quoted and you can choose any of the quotes that you receive. If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. The whole process takes less than 15 minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To save time and find out if lower rates are available, click here to open in new window and input your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you replicate your coverages identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will be getting rate comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
These factors can influence Dodge Caravan insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that go into determining insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate prices.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – A driver’s credit score is a large factor in determining your rates. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit score is low, you could be paying less to insure your 1998 Dodge Caravan by improving your credit score.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Jobs such as lawyers, architects and stock brokers have the highest rates due to high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, occupations such as farmers, students and the unemployed get better rates for Caravan insurance.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more you drive in a year the more you will pay for insurance coverage. Most insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Improper usage on your Caravan can result in significantly higher rates. Make sure your insurance coverage policy shows the correct driver usage.
- Older drivers pay less – Young drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance coverage rates. Adding a youthful driver onto your insurance coverage can really hurt. Older drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every discount very clearly, so here is a list some of the best known and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may receive a discount up to 10% for Caravan insurance.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on the same insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- One Accident Forgiven – Certain companies will forgive one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on insurance for Caravan insurance.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home can help you save on insurance because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of companies with discount insurance rates, click here.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What is the ISO rating for a 1998 Dodge Caravan?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Educate yourself about car insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability car insurance – Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as court costs, attorney fees, bail bonds, legal defense fees and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from getting keyed, hail damage, rock chips in glass and theft. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Caravan from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as driving through your garage door, crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Insurance for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses for hospital visits, chiropractic care, pain medications, rehabilitation expenses and ambulance fees. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions and even lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, drivers have reduced full coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Low-cost 1998 Dodge Caravan insurance is definitely available online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not provide online quoting and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional learning opportunities
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area