Cheapest 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you overwhelmed by the number of insurance companies that you can choose from? There are so many options that it can easily turn into a ton of work to compare rates.
You should make it a habit to check insurance prices before your next renewal because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you had the lowest quotes for Grand Caravan coverage a year ago a different company probably has better rates today. You can find a lot of wrong information about insurance on the web, but in this article, you’re going to get some proven techniques to lower your insurance premiums.
The quickest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know all the major auto insurance companies participate in online systems to compare their rates. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give the companies some data including whether you are single or married, daily mileage, an estimate of your credit level, and the ages of drivers. Your rating data is instantly submitted to multiple different insurance companies and they return quotes immediately.
To start a quote now, click here then complete the form.
Don’t overlook these insurance discounts
Insurance is expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow their company to spy on where and when they drive remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new car can save you some money since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies provide a discount for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts will definitely reduce your premiums.
Larger insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for driver’s education, multiple autos, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and multiple policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Travelers has discounts for new car, student away at school, save driver, multi-policy, payment discounts, and good student.
- American Family has savings for early bird, good driver, accident-free, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new vehicle discount, multi-policy, good student, newly retired, and new graduate.
It’s a good idea to ask every company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not be offered in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer discounts, click this link.
Why your insurance rates might be higher
Lots of things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but some are more obscure such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
The following are some of the items auto insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Pay lower premiums after the wedding – Having a spouse can actually save you money compared to being single. It means you’re less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Jobs like military generalsairline pilots and financial analysts usually pay higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, careers such as scientists, historians and performers generally pay rates lower than average for Grand Caravan coverage.
- Credit score impacts premium rates – Having a bad credit history will be a significant factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit history is low, you may save money insuring your 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan if you improve your credit rating. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Don’t cancel your auto insurance policy without a new one in place – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state department of motor vehicles.
When to get professional advice
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan is totaled?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Save $473 a year. For real?
Respected companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive endlessly run television, radio, and online ads. All the companies tend to make the same promise that drivers can save some big amount if you move to their company. How does every auto insurance company charge less that you’re paying now? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Auto insurance companies look for specific characteristics for the type of driver that makes them money. An example of a driver they prefer may need to be over the age of 40, has a low-risk occupation, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Any new insured who fits that profile will most likely get cheap premium rates and will probably save if they switch.
Potential insureds who cannot meet the ideal profile will be quoted more expensive rates and this results in the prospect going elsewhere. The ads say “people that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much when switching. That is how companies can make it sound like they have such great car insurance rates. Because of these techniques, it’s extremely important to get a wide range of price quotes. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which insurance companies will have the best rates.
Insurance coverages explained
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Auto liability – Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for things like structural damage, emergency aid, legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Medical expense coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses like nursing services, prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses and dental work. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage covers damage to your Grand Caravan resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims like rolling your car, hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield, hitting a bird, falling objects and vandalism. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
At the end of the day…
Cheaper insurance coverage is possible from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance coverage companies do not provide online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
We just covered some good ideas how you can shop for 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest auto insurance. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from a small local company.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors affect the insurance cost of a 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan?
Several factors can influence the insurance cost of a 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan. These include the driver’s age, driving history, location, credit score, and the level of coverage chosen. Other factors that insurers may consider include the vehicle’s safety features, theft rates, and repair costs.
Are there any specific insurance discounts available for a 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan?
Yes, there are various insurance discounts that may be available for a 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan. These can include multi-policy discounts for bundling auto and home insurance, good driver discounts, good student discounts for young drivers with good grades, and discounts for completing defensive driving courses.
Does the location of the driver affect the insurance cost for a 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan?
Yes, the location of the driver can impact the insurance cost for a 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan. Insurance rates can vary based on factors like the frequency of accidents and thefts in the area, population density, and even the local weather conditions. Urban areas or regions with higher crime rates may have higher insurance premiums.
Can maintaining a clean driving record help in obtaining cheaper insurance for a 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan?
Yes, maintaining a clean driving record can positively impact the cost of insurance for a 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan. Insurance providers often offer lower premiums to drivers with a history of responsible driving, free from accidents, traffic violations, and claims.
Is it recommended to shop around for insurance quotes to find the cheapest option for a 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan?
Yes, it is highly recommended to shop around for insurance quotes to find the cheapest option for a 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan. Prices can vary significantly between insurance providers, so comparing quotes from multiple companies allows you to identify the most affordable coverage that meets your needs.
Can I lower my insurance premiums by increasing the deductible for a 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan?
Yes, increasing the deductible for a 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan can help lower insurance premiums. By opting for a higher deductible, you are taking on more financial responsibility in the event of a claim, which reduces the risk for the insurance company.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area