Lexus Lexus GS-300 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 7, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Drivers have a choice when trying to find low-cost Lexus GS 300 insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents trying to get quotes or use the internet to get rate quotes.
There are both good and bad ways to buy auto insurance and you need to know the quickest way to quote coverages for a Lexus and find the lowest price either online or from local insurance agents.
The purpose of this post is to familiarize you with the best way to quote coverages and some money-saving tips. If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. Drivers just need to learn the proper way to shop for car insurance online.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance rates takes advantage of the fact auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to quote your coverage. To get started, all you need to do is give them some information such as distance driven, if your license is active, whether you are single or married, and how much school you completed. Those rating factors gets sent immediately to many highly-rated insurers and you get price estimates very quickly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
These factors can influence what you pay for Lexus GS 300 insurance
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating your insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels enables informed choices that could result in big savings.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces insurance coverage companies consider when setting premiums.
- Special features that cut premiums – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance coverage. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart auto theft.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Lexus earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Jobs such as lawyers, architects and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates because of high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, jobs such as actors, students and the unemployed receive lower rates for GS 300 insurance.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. It provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Teen drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when driving so insurance coverage rates are higher. Parents adding a teenage driver onto a policy can be quite pricey. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
- A clean driving record saves money – Just one citation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have dangerous citations like DUI or reckless driving may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Discounts for married couples – Being married can actually save you money on your policy. It is viewed as being more mature it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a fast way to bump up your insurance coverage costs. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage might get you a revoked license or a big fine.
Don’t miss these discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about in order for you to get them. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more for GS 300 insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for insurance coverage for GS 300 insurance.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on the same insurance coverage policy qualifies for this discount.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurance companies who offer insurance coverage discounts, click this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When might I need help?
When buying adequate coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Does my 1998 Lexus GS 300 need full coverage?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of insurance helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses such as X-ray expenses, hospital visits and chiropractic care. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as falling objects, damage from flooding and fire damage. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your 1998 Lexus GS 300.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Frequently these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims like attorney fees, court costs, loss of income, medical services and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your GS 300 caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Summing up your car insurance search
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent or unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company is actually quite simple.
We’ve covered many ways to shop for 1998 Lexus GS 300 insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with an unexpected company.
Low-cost insurance is attainable both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area