Lexus Lexus GS-300 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 7, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower car insurance rates for your Lexus GS 300? Confused by the crazy number of car insurance choices? You have a lot of company. There are so many options available that it can quickly become a real hassle to find the perfect company for you.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using this strategy. Pricing the best coverage is not that difficult. But consumers must comprehend the methods companies use to compete online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Lexus GS 300 rates influenced by many factors
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that go into determining car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates enables informed choices that may reward you with big savings.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Careful drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Even one citation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. If you have dangerous violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – The majority of car insurance companies provide better rates to customers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. Consumers may find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Where do you drive? – Driving more miles in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Make sure your car insurance coverage shows the proper vehicle usage. Incorrect usage on your GS 300 can result in significantly higher rates.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that you can buy when buying car insurance. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, towing coverage and term life insurance are some examples. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Never go without insurance – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage might get you a license revocation or jail time.You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Lexus GS 300 is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- Marriage brings a discount – Being married helps lower the price on car insurance. Having a spouse means you’re more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – The liability section of your policy will protect you if a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Take discounts and save
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but some must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Student in College – Kids in college who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in high school.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will help reduce your premiums.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not apply everywhere.
Insurance coverage myths debunked
Allstate and Progressive regularly use ads on TV and radio. All the companies have a common claim of big savings if you move to their company. But how can every company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that makes them money. An example of a profitable customer might be profiled as between 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and drives newer vehicles. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” is entitled to the best price and therefore will save when switching.
Potential customers who don’t qualify for this ideal profile will have to pay higher premiums which leads to business not being written. The ads say “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. This is how insurance companies can advertise the savings.
Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to get quotes from several different companies. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest Lexus GS 300 insurance rates.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions can help discover if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Coverages available on your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive car insurance – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like a broken windshield, hail damage, fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and rock chips in glass. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Collision – Collision coverage covers damage to your GS 300 from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Coverage for medical expenses – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses like prosthetic devices, dental work, funeral costs, EMT expenses and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability coverages – Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Another option is a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims like legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, funeral expenses and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Lexus GS 300.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Save your hard earned cash
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on 2001 Lexus GS 300 insurance. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the best prices are with the least-expected company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, high prices, not issuing a premium refund or policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Additional detailed information can be read at these sites:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area