Cheapest 1998 Lexus GS 400 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 1, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shopping online for insurance may seem to be difficult if you’ve never compared online quoting. But relax because finding affordable coverage online is easier than you think.
Free Car Insurance Quotes
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing rates from car insurance companies in your area. The quickest method to compare 1998 Lexus GS 400 insurance prices consists of shopping online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The recommended way to compare a lot of rates at once is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions for every car insurance company. One simple form gets you price quotes from all major companies. Just one form and you’re done.
- A slightly less efficient method to find lower rates requires visiting each individual company website and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from State Farm, Liberty Mutual and Farmers. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
Whichever way you use, compare exactly the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote you get. If the quotes have different deductibles then you won’t be able to determine the best price for your Lexus GS 400. Having just a slight variation in coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps you find the best offered rates.
Save $402 a year? Really?
Insurance providers like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive continually stream ads on TV and radio. They all make the same claim of big savings after switching your coverage to them. How do they all make almost identical claims?
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that is profitable for them. A good example of a driver they prefer could possibly be between 25 and 40, a clean driving record, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Consumers who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile must pay a higher premium which usually ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That is how insurance companies can make those claims.
This illustrates why drivers must get as many comparisons as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest Lexus GS 400 insurance rates.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before being credited.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of more than 20%.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out life insurance.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application online.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of providers who offer auto insurance discounts, click here.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Car insurance coverages for a Lexus GS 400
Understanding the coverages of insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like a broken windshield, theft and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your 1998 Lexus GS 400.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail, rolling your car, colliding with a tree and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills for things like prosthetic devices, nursing services and dental work. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims such as court costs, attorney fees, medical services and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Buy online or local, you save
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for 1998 Lexus GS 400 insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best prices are with the smaller companies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices, policy cancellation and high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
Cheap insurance can be bought both online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1998 Lexus GS 400?
Finding the cheapest insurance for your 1998 Lexus GS 400 involves several factors. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Shop around: Compare quotes from multiple insurance providers to find the best rates. Each company has its own pricing structure, so it’s important to explore your options.
- Maintain a good driving record: Insurance premiums are often lower for drivers with a clean driving history. Avoid traffic violations and accidents to keep your rates down.
- Increase deductibles: Consider raising your deductible—the amount you pay out of pocket in the event of a claim. Higher deductibles can lower your insurance premiums, but be sure to choose a deductible that you can comfortably afford.
- Explore discounts: Inquire about any available discounts offered by insurance companies. These may include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, or discounts for anti-theft devices.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurance providers offer usage-based insurance programs where your premiums are based on your actual driving habits. If you’re a safe driver, this option could potentially save you money.
What factors affect the cost of insurance for a 1998 Lexus GS 400?
Several factors can influence the cost of insurance for a 1998 Lexus GS 400. These factors include:
- Vehicle value: The value of your car affects insurance premiums. Older vehicles like the 1998 Lexus GS 400 typically have lower values, which can result in lower premiums.
- Car safety features: The presence of safety features, such as anti-lock brakes, airbags, and anti-theft devices, can lead to lower insurance costs.
- Driver’s age and experience: Younger and less experienced drivers usually have higher insurance premiums compared to older and more experienced drivers.
- Location: Your location plays a significant role in insurance costs. If you live in an area with higher rates of accidents or theft, you may face higher insurance premiums.
- Driving record: A clean driving record with no accidents or traffic violations generally leads to lower insurance rates.
- Coverage options: The type and level of coverage you choose can impact your insurance costs. Higher coverage limits and additional coverage options will likely increase premiums.
Are there any specific insurance considerations for older vehicles like the 1998 Lexus GS 400?
Yes, there are a few insurance considerations for older vehicles like the 1998 Lexus GS 400:
- Value of the car: Older vehicles typically have lower market values, which can affect the type of coverage you choose. If the cost of comprehensive or collision coverage exceeds the value of your car, it may not be cost-effective to carry that coverage.
- Availability of parts: Some older vehicle models, like the 1998 Lexus GS 400, may have limited availability of replacement parts. This can impact repair costs and potentially affect insurance premiums.
- Maintenance and condition: Keeping your older vehicle in good condition can help reduce the risk of breakdowns or accidents. Regular maintenance and addressing any issues promptly can positively influence your insurance rates.
- Classic car insurance: If your 1998 Lexus GS 400 is considered a classic or collectible vehicle, you may have the option to insure it under a classic car insurance policy. These policies often have specific coverage options and requirements tailored to older vehicles.
Can I get liability-only insurance for my 1998 Lexus GS 400 to reduce costs?
Yes, you can choose to have liability-only insurance coverage for your 1998 Lexus GS 400. Liability insurance covers damages and injuries you may cause to others in an accident. It does not cover repairs to your own vehicle. Opting for liability-only insurance can reduce costs since it offers less coverage compared to comprehensive or collision insurance.
Are there any discounts available for insuring a 1998 Lexus GS 400?
Yes, there may be various discounts available for insuring a 1998 Lexus GS 400. Insurance companies typically offer discounts based on different criteria. Here are a few common discounts you could inquire about:
- Multi-policy discount: If you have multiple insurance policies with the same provider, such as home and auto insurance, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Safe driver discount: Insurance companies often reward drivers with a clean driving record. If you have a history of safe driving, you may qualify for a safe driver discount.
- Anti-theft device discount: Equipping your 1998 Lexus GS 400 with anti-theft devices, such as alarms or tracking systems, can reduce the risk of theft. Some insurers offer discounts for vehicles with these security features.
- Good student discount: If you or a family member insuring the vehicle is a student with good grades, you may be eligible for a good student discount.
- Usage-based discount: Certain insurance companies offer usage-based programs where your premiums are based on your driving habits. If you’re a safe driver, you could receive a discount through this type of program.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area