Cheaper 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 5, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better insurance rates for your Mitsubishi Eclipse? Finding the most affordable insurance on the web may be intimidating for people who are new to shopping for insurance online. Because there are so many companies in the marketplace, how can anyone possibly compare the different rates to find the lowest price available?
How to Compare Insurance Rates
There are a lot of ways you can shop for insurance but some are more efficient than others. You could spend the better part of a day discussing policy coverages with agents in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Many of the larger companies participate in a marketplace where insurance shoppers enter their coverage request one time, and each company then gives them pricing based on that information. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests for every insurance company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click here to start a free quote.
The one downside to getting quotes like this is you don’t know exactly which carriers to get pricing from. If you would rather choose individual companies to compare prices, we put together a list of low cost insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
However you get your quotes, compare apples-to-apples coverage information for every quote you compare. If you enter higher or lower deductibles you can’t possibly decipher which rate is best. Just a small difference in limits can make a big difference in price. And when price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes helps locate the best rates.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, buy you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Accident Forgiveness – A few companies will forgive one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
For a list of insurance companies offering car insurance discounts, click here to view.
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Mitsubishi Eclipse
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better insurance coverage rates.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Big city or small town – Residing in a small town is a positive aspect when talking about insurance coverage. City drivers regularly have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer people means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Careers like real estate brokers, architects and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates because of high stress and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as scientists, students and the unemployed receive lower rates on Eclipse insurance.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Your credit score is a large factor in calculating your insurance coverage rates. Therefore, if your credit is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse by repairing your credit. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit.
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount when buying insurance coverage. Marriage means you’re more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Women and men have accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
Everyone needs different coverages
When it comes to choosing coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses for things like dental work, doctor visits, funeral costs, ambulance fees and EMT expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Eclipse from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things like medical expenses, attorney fees and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as theft, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer, rock chips in glass and fire damage. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Have money to burn
We just showed you a lot of tips how to save on 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
The cheapest insurance can be found both online as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed full coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area