1999 Acura NSX Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 22, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 1999 Acura NSX are $1,252 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs approximately $268, collision costs $384, and liability costs $442. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $496 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,688. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $4,750 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,252
Rate estimates for 1999 Acura NSX Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 1999 Acura NSX models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range go from as low as $496 for just liability insurance to a much higher rate of $2,688 for high-risk insurance.
These differences show why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare rates using their specific location and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 1999 Acura NSX Insurance
Looking for the cheapest car insurance rates for your Acura NSX? Tired of paying out the nose to pay your car insurance bill each month? Your situation is no different than the majority of other car owners.
Numerous auto insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company and get the best coverage at the cheapest price
It’s a great practice to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because rates are constantly changing. If you had the best rates for NSX insurance a few years ago there may be better deals available now. There is too much inaccurate information about car insurance on the internet, so I’m going to show you some guaranteed methods to buy car insurance cheaper.
Free Quotes for Insurance Coverage
Most companies such as State Farm and Allstate provide prices directly from their websites. Getting quotes doesn’t take a lot of time as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. Once entered, the system orders reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote based on many factors. Being able to quote online helps simplify price comparisons, but the work required to visit several different sites and fill out multiple forms is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you want to find lower prices.
The better way to compare rates
The quickest way to compare rates requires only one form to return rates from multiple companies. It’s a real time-saver, requires less work, and makes price shopping online a little more enjoyable. As soon as you send your information, it gets priced and you can select any one of the quote results.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. The whole process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, simply click here to open in new window and submit the form. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy the coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will have a fair comparison based on similar coverages.
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Auto insurance providers like State Farm and Allstate consistently run television and radio advertisements. They all make the same claim about savings if you change to them. How does each company make the same claim? This is how they do it.
All companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that earns them a profit. For example, a profitable customer might be profiled as between 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Drivers who don’t meet the requirements must pay higher prices which usually ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That’s the way companies can truthfully make those claims.
This illustrates why it’s extremely important to get as many quotes as possible. You cannot predict which auto insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Acura NSX insurance rates.
These factors can influence what you pay for Acura NSX insurance
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower car insurance prices.
- A clean driving record saves money – A bad driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Good drivers get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Even one speeding ticket can increase rates forty percent or more. If you have severe violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Drive less and save money – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Autos used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your car insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect usage on your NSX may be wasting your money.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Women and men are in accidents at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
- Better credit means lower rates – A driver’s credit score is a important factor in determining your rates. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores. If your credit score is low, you could pay less to insure your 1999 Acura NSX by repairing your credit.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Liability insurance is the protection in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If your Acura NSX earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Letting your insurance expire will be a quick way to increase your car insurance rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state DMV.
Best discounts on Acura NSX coverage
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before they will apply.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military can result in better rates.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will reduce your overall premium however.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
Before buying, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply in every state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- What is medical payments coverage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Should I rate my 1999 Acura NSX as pleasure use or commute?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area.
Insurance coverage options for a 1999 Acura NSX
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills such as chiropractic care, pain medications, dental work and X-ray expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Acura NSX.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like theft, damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a deer. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Better coverage you can count on
When buying insurance coverage, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price.
Affordable 1999 Acura NSX insurance can be sourced from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional information can be read at the links below
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,983|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,139|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$84|
|5-yr Claim Free||$79|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$52|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.