Cheapest 1999 Chevrolet Camaro Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Chevrolet Camaro? Are you tired of paying out the nose to insure your Chevy every month? You’re in the same situation as many other drivers. Because there are so many different company options, it’s nearly impossible to locate the most cost effective insurance company.
Consumers should take time to compare rates quite often since rates change frequently. If you had the lowest rates for Camaro coverage a couple years back you may be paying too much now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding auto insurance online, so by reading this article, you’re going to learn some good information on how to reduce your auto insurance bill.
More discounts equal less premium
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about prior to receiving the credit. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for Camaro coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get better car insurance rates for Camaro coverage.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization may earn a discount when buying car insurance for Camaro coverage.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Double check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be offered everywhere.
Factors that can influence insurance rates for a Chevy Camaro
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. Understanding what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Residing in a small town can be a good thing when talking about car insurance. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with much more traffic and longer commute times. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Older drivers save more – Young drivers have a tendency to be less responsible when driving so car insurance rates are higher. Having to add a young driver onto your car insurance can really hurt. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Occupations like lawyers, executives and stock brokers have the highest rates in part from job stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations like pilots, students and the unemployed get better rates for Camaro coverage.
- Where do you drive? – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the higher your rate. Most insurance companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Ask your agent if your car insurance declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. If your policy improperly rates your Camaro can result in significantly higher rates.
It’s not one size fits all
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
The auto insurance bait and switch
Drivers can’t ignore all the ads for cheaper car insurance from companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to make an identical promise that you can save if you change your policy.
How do they all say the same thing? This is how they do it.
Different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For example, a preferred risk might be between 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and drives newer vehicles. A propective insured who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Consumers who do not match the “perfect” profile will be quoted higher prices which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. That is how insurance companies can claim big savings.
This emphasizes why you should get as many comparisons as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will have the lowest Chevy Camaro insurance rates.
Information about specific coverages
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverage types available from car insurance companies.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Camaro resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building, rolling your car and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your 1999 Chevy Camaro.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Usually the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive car insurance
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield, vandalism and hitting a bird. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses for surgery, X-ray expenses, funeral costs and EMT expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims like legal defense fees, medical services, loss of income and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Make a quick buck
The cheapest 1999 Chevy Camaro insurance is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can compare insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
More detailed insurance information can be found by following these links:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area