Cheapest 1999 Chevrolet Corvette Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better auto insurance rates for your Chevrolet Corvette? Purchasing cheap auto insurance on the web can be problematic for people who are new to shopping for insurance online. With a ridiculous number of insurers to choose from, how can you effectively compare every one to find the cheapest available price?
Shopping for affordable insurance coverage coverage is quite easy. Basically, everyone who carries insurance coverage most likely will be able to find lower rates. Although consumers can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online and use this information to your advantage.
Chevy Corvette rate determination is complex
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates enables informed choices that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than bad drivers. Even one ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers who get serious violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Your location affects your rates – Choosing to live in a rural area has it’s advantages when talking about car insurance. Drivers in populated areas have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Car features impact rates – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder car theft.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Women and men cause accidents at about the same rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you will pay for car insurance. Most companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An improperly rated Corvette can cost quite a bit. Ask your agent if your car insurance declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Credit scores impact car insurance rates – Credit rating is a important factor in determining your rates. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit score can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your 1999 Chevrolet Corvette by improving your credit score.
- Frequent car insurance claims increase rates – Companies award discounts to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is designed for larger claims.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Chevy Corvette is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
The best way to compare insurance rates in your area is to understand most of the bigger providers actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information like the type of vehicles you drive, daily mileage, if it has an alarm system, and your occupation. Those rating factors is submitted instantly to multiple different insurance companies and you will receive price estimates within a short period of time.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO regularly use ads on television and other media. All the ads make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you move to them. But how can every company make the same claim?
Different companies have a preferred profile for the driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a desirable insured could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, a clean driving record, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates and is almost guaranteed to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who are not a match for these standards will have to pay higher prices which usually ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that much. That’s the way insurance companies can advertise the way they do.
Because of the profiling, it is so important to get quotes from several different companies. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings on Chevy Corvette insurance.
Take discounts and save
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but some must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a civic or occupational organization could trigger savings on auto insurance on Corvette coverage.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off on Corvette coverage with certain companies.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts, click this link.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- When can I cancel my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Specific coverages for a Chevy Corvette
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Corvette from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door, crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses such as EMT expenses, surgery, pain medications and hospital visits. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability coverage – Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things such as bail bonds, legal defense fees, attorney fees and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed and hail damage. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Corvette.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
More quotes mean more savings
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, questionable increases in premium, denial of a claim and policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
Budget-conscious 1999 Chevy Corvette insurance can be sourced both online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just presented some good ideas how you can compare insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even find the lowest premiums are with some of the lesser-known companies.
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area