Cheapest 1999 Ford Expedition Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better insurance coverage rates? Consumers have many options when looking for affordable Ford Expedition insurance. They can either spend hours calling around to compare prices or utilize the internet to get rate quotes.
There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance coverage so you’re going to learn the proper way to get price quotes for a Ford and obtain the lowest price from both online companies and local agents.
Compare Auto Insurance Today
Getting a lower price on 1999 Ford Expedition insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. Just spend a few minutes getting comparison quotes online with multiple companies. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
One of the simplest ways to get quotes is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This form eliminates the need for a different quote for every auto insurance company. Completing one form will return quotes from multiple low-cost companies. This is by far the quickest method.
A less efficient way to analyze rates is spending the time to visit each company website to complete a price quote. For example, we’ll pretend you want to compare Liberty Mutual, 21st Century and State Farm. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
However you get your quotes, make darn sure you compare apples-to-apples coverage information for each price quote. If you are comparing mixed coverages it will be impossible to determine the best price for your Ford Expedition.
Save on Ford Expedition insurance
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but some must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a discount up to 10% for Expedition insurance.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more for Expedition insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Ford can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall premium however.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts include:
Double check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply in your state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the best insurance coverage coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my 1999 Ford Expedition covered for smoke damage?
- What happens if I owe more than my 1999 Ford Expedition is worth?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 1999 Ford Expedition to commute?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Why your Ford Expedition insurance rates may be high
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that go into determining your car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
Listed below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Credit history is a huge factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit history is not that good, you could save money insuring your 1999 Ford Expedition by spending a little time repairing your credit. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- Equipment add-ons that lower car insurance rates – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder car theft.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Safer cars get lower rates. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If the Ford Expedition is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers. Young drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Occupations such as doctors, social workers and stock brokers tend to pay the highest rates in part from stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, jobs such as pilots, students and the unemployed have the lowest average rates for Expedition insurance.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and burglary. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Expedition insurance.
- Where you live is a factor – Choosing to live in less populated areas can be a good thing when talking about car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. Lower population means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
Misconceptions in insurance coverage advertisements
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for cheaper car insurance from companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads make the same claim that you’ll save big if you move your policy.
How can each company make almost identical claims?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the driver that earns them a profit. For example, a desirable insured might be profiled as over the age of 40, a clean driving record, and drives newer vehicles. Any driver who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
Drivers who don’t qualify for the requirements will be charged higher rates which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads say “people who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s the way companies can truthfully state the savings.
That is why drivers must get as many comparisons as possible. It’s not possible to predict which insurance coverage company will fit your personal profile best.
The coverage is in the details
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things like pain and suffering, attorney fees and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Ford Expedition.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Expedition from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hitting a deer, fire damage and hail damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills for things like pain medications, chiropractic care, X-ray expenses, funeral costs and dental work. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Save for a rainy day
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheaper 1999 Ford Expedition insurance can be bought online as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance coverage companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
We just covered a lot of ways to get a better price on insurance. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
More learning opportunities
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors determine the insurance rates for a 1999 Ford Expedition?
Several factors can influence the insurance rates for a 1999 Ford Expedition, including the driver’s age, location, driving record, credit history, coverage options, deductible amount, and the level of insurance required by the state. Additionally, factors such as the value of the vehicle, safety features, repair costs, and the likelihood of theft or accidents can impact insurance premiums.
Are there any specific features of the 1999 Ford Expedition that may impact insurance rates?
Yes, certain features of the 1999 Ford Expedition can impact insurance rates. Factors such as the vehicle’s safety features, repair costs, theft deterrent systems, and the likelihood of theft or vandalism can influence insurance premiums.
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for my 1999 Ford Expedition?
To find the cheapest insurance rates for your 1999 Ford Expedition, it’s recommended to shop around and compare quotes from multiple insurance providers. Consider reaching out to different companies, either directly or through online comparison websites, to get quotes tailored to your specific needs and circumstances.
What are some tips for reducing insurance costs for a 1999 Ford Expedition?
Here are a few tips that may help reduce insurance costs for a 1999 Ford Expedition:
- Maintain a good driving record by avoiding traffic violations and accidents.
- Inquire about any available discounts, such as safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, or discounts for having safety features installed in your vehicle.
- Opt for higher deductibles, which can lower your premium costs.
- Consider bundling your Ford Expedition insurance with other policies, such as home or renter’s insurance, to potentially qualify for multi-policy discounts.
- Periodically review your coverage and compare quotes from different insurance providers to ensure you are getting the best possible rates.
Are there any specific insurance companies that offer particularly low rates for a 1999 Ford Expedition?
Insurance rates can vary significantly between companies, and there is no single insurer that offers consistently low rates for all vehicles, including the 1999 Ford Expedition. It’s best to obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers and compare them to find the most affordable option for your specific circumstances.
Can I qualify for classic car insurance for my 1999 Ford Expedition?
Classic car insurance is typically designed for vehicles that are considered collectible or antique, usually older than 20-25 years. As a 1999 Ford Expedition does not typically meet the criteria for classic car insurance, it may not be eligible for such coverage. However, it’s advisable to check with insurance providers specializing in classic car insurance to confirm their eligibility criteria.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area