Cheapest 2001 Ford Expedition Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me when I say many consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy.
Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company to find the absolute best rates possible.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Comparison Quotes
All the larger car insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive allow you to get coverage price quotes on their websites. Getting quotes is fairly simple as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, the company’s rating system will obtain your credit score and driving record and gives you a price quote based on many factors. Quoting online helps simplify price comparisons, but the time required to go to a lot of sites and enter the same data into a form can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s absolutely necessary to do this if you are searching for the lowest price.
A more efficient way to compare rates uses one form that analyzes rates from many companies. It saves time, reduces the work, and makes online price comparison much more enjoyable and efficient. As soon as you send your information, it is quoted and you can select any of the quotes returned. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, it’s easy to complete the application and buy the policy. The entire process only takes a few minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
In order to use this form to compare rates, click here and submit the form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input the coverage information as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Cut your insurance coverage rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every available discount very clearly, so we researched some of the more common and the more hidden insurance coverage savings.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on insurance coverage on Expedition coverage.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Car insurance companies who might offer these discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Savings may not be available everywhere.
You are unique and your insurance coverage should be too
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions can help discover whether you might need professional guidance.
- Is my Ford Expedition covered if I use it for business?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Ford Expedition rates influenced by many factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that go into determining your insurance coverage rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower insurance coverage prices.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate prices.
- An active claims history can cost you – Companies give better rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Lower rates come with age – Young drivers tend to get distracted easily behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance coverage rates. Adding a young driver onto your insurance coverage can be quite pricey. Older drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims and get fewer tickets.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Ford from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply would be a windshield shattered by a rock, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be on Expedition coverage.
- Big city or small town – Being located in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when buying insurance coverage. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer people means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Being married actually saves money on insurance coverage. Marriage is viewed as being more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The higher the mileage driven each year the higher your rates will be. Most companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having the wrong rating on your Expedition can cost quite a bit. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Never go without insurance – Letting your insurance expire is a fast way to increase your insurance coverage rates. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may earn you a license revocation or jail time.
- Better credit means lower rates – A driver’s credit rating is a big factor in calculating your insurance coverage rates. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit. If your credit can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your 2001 Ford Expedition by improving your credit score.
Specific coverage details
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the normal coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills such as pain medications, dental work, nursing services and doctor visits. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Expedition resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things like colliding with another moving vehicle, driving through your garage door and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Coverage for liability
This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things such as court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hail damage, falling objects, fire damage and theft. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Don’t throw your cash in the trash
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to compare 2001 Ford Expedition insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with a small mutual company. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Cheaper insurance is attainable online and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
More information is available below:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors affect the insurance rates for a 2001 Ford Expedition?
Several factors can influence the insurance rates for a 2001 Ford Expedition, including the driver’s age, driving record, location, coverage options, deductible amount, and the insurance company’s policies. Additionally, the Ford Expedition’s size, weight, and market value may impact insurance rates.
Are there any specific features of the 2001 Ford Expedition that may affect insurance rates?
The 2001 Ford Expedition’s larger size and higher market value may impact insurance rates. Insurance companies consider larger vehicles to potentially cause more damage in accidents, which can lead to higher rates. However, the presence of safety features such as anti-lock brakes and airbags may help mitigate this to some extent.
Are older vehicles like the 2001 Ford Expedition generally cheaper to insure?
Generally, older vehicles may have lower insurance rates compared to newer models due to their lower market value. However, the Ford Expedition’s larger size and potential for higher repair costs may still influence the insurance rates for this specific vehicle.
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for a 2001 Ford Expedition?
To find the most affordable insurance rates for a 2001 Ford Expedition, it’s recommended to obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies. Comparing these quotes will help you identify the most competitive rates available to you. Additionally, you can inquire about any discounts that may be available specifically for larger vehicles or safety features.
Should I opt for minimum coverage to reduce insurance costs?
While minimum coverage might seem like an attractive option to save on insurance costs, it’s important to consider your personal needs and financial situation. The Ford Expedition’s higher value and potential for greater liability in accidents may warrant considering higher coverage limits to adequately protect yourself and your assets.
Can I qualify for any discounts to lower my insurance rates?
Yes, insurance companies often provide various discounts that can help lower insurance rates. Some potential discounts for a 2001 Ford Expedition may include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, anti-theft device discounts, or discounts for completing defensive driving courses. Contact insurance providers to inquire about available discounts.
Should I consider increasing my deductible to reduce insurance rates?
Increasing your deductible can lower your insurance rates, as it means you would be responsible for paying a higher amount out of pocket in the event of a claim. However, you should ensure that you can comfortably afford the higher deductible before making this decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area