Cheapest 1999 Ford Mustang Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper auto insurance rates for your Ford Mustang? Nobody I know likes having to buy auto insurance, especially knowing they are paying too much. Big companies like State Farm and GEICO increase brand awareness with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to ignore the propoganda and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates while maximizing coverage. Finding the best rates is quite easy. Drivers just need to know the proper way to compare company rates on the web.
How to Get Cheap Auto Insurance
Shopping for lower auto insurance rates can take hours if you don’t understand the best way to get rate quotes. You can waste a few hours (or days) discussing policy coverages with agents in your area, or you can utilize online quoting to maximize your effort.
Many popular insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace where prospective buyers only type in their quote data once, and every company then returns a price quote for coverage. This prevents consumers from doing quote forms for each company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click here (opens in new window).
The single downside to comparing rates this way is that consumers can’t choose the companies to get pricing from. If you would rather choose specific providers to request quotes from, we put together a list of auto insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you which method you use, but ensure you’re using the exact same coverages on every quote you get. If each company quotes mixed coverages it’s not possible to find the best deal for your Ford Mustang.
Are auto insurance companies telling the truth?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for car insurance savings by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies say the same thing that you can save if you change to their company.
How do they all claim to save you money?
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that makes them money. A good example of a preferred risk might be over the age of 50, is a homeowner, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who do not match these standards must pay a more expensive rate and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ads state “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. This is how insurance companies can advertise the savings. This illustrates why it’s extremely important to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Ford Mustang insurance rates.
Ford Mustang rates are in the details
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If the Ford Mustang has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like doctors, executives and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates due to high stress and long work days. Other occupations like pilots, historians and performers have the lowest average rates for Mustang coverage.
- Never go without insurance – Letting your insurance expire is a sure-fire way to bump up your auto insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.You may need to file a SR-22 with your state DMV.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes are in accidents at a similar rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Being married is a good thing – Having a spouse helps lower the price on your auto insurance policy. It usually means you are more mature and responsible and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more miles you rack up on your Ford each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles left parked in the garage receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Make sure your auto insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect usage on your Mustang can result in significantly higher rates.
- Don’t skimp on liability – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you if a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Where you live can impact rates – Living in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when buying auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Companies don’t always list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Drivers Education – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Mustang coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get better auto insurance rates for Mustang coverage.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Ford can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with one company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
For a list of providers who offer auto insurance discounts, click here.
Do I need special coverages?
When buying coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation may require specific advice.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What is the ISO rating for a 1999 Ford Mustang?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Car insurance policy coverages for a Ford Mustang
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the normal coverages available from car insurance companies.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Mustang resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as pain and suffering, medical expenses and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford.
This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage, rock chips in glass and vandalism. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses for things like prosthetic devices, doctor visits, chiropractic care and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Knowledge is power
Affordable 1999 Ford Mustang insurance is possible on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on insurance. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with a small local company. They may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Much more information about insurance is located at these links:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area