2001 Ford Mustang Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2001 Ford Mustang are $1,030 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs on average $144, collision insurance costs $206, and liability costs around $500. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $560 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $2,214 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,234 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,030
Rate estimates for 2001 Ford Mustang Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2001 Ford Mustang models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $560 for only liability insurance to a much higher rate of $2,214 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences demonstrate why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare prices based on a specific location and risk profile, instead of using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2001 Ford Mustang Insurance
Finding the most affordable insurance on the web can seem to be intimidating for consumers not familiar with price shopping online. With a ridiculous number of choices, how can anyone even start to compare every one to find the lowest price?
The purpose of this article is to help educate you on how car insurance quotes work and some tricks to saving. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. But drivers must know the way insurance companies price online insurance and apply this information to your search.
Compare the Market for Auto Insurance
When shopping for auto insurance there are multiple ways of comparing rate quotes from local auto insurance companies. The easiest way by far to compare 2001 Ford Mustang insurance prices is to get quotes online. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to compare a lot of rates at once is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This method keeps you from doing multiple quote forms to each individual auto insurance company. One form submission gets rate comparisons from auto insurance companies with the best prices.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A more time consuming way to shop for auto insurance online requires visiting each individual company website to request a price quote. For examples sake, let’s say you want rates from State Farm, Safeco and Travelers. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The hardest method to compare rates is driving around to insurance agents’ offices. Shopping for auto insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you require the professional guidance that only a license agent can provide. It is possible to price shop your coverage online and get advice from an agent in your area and you’ll learn how to do that later.
It’s up to you which method you use, but ensure you’re using the exact same information with each company. If you use different liability limits you will not be able to determine the lowest rate for your Ford Mustang. Slightly different limits may result in a large different in cost. And when comparing auto insurance rates, know that getting more free quotes will increase your chances of finding the best offered rates.
Pay less by taking advantage of these nine discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Distant Student – Children who are attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your premiums.
To see a list of companies with discount insurance rates, click this link.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my 2001 Ford Mustang covered for smoke damage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Parts of your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of car insurance can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision – Collision insurance covers damage to your Mustang caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like crashing into a building, driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Auto liability insurance – This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims such as pain and suffering, bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects, medical services and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like a broken windshield, hitting a bird and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like doctor visits, chiropractic care, EMT expenses and dental work. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Buy online or local, you save
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund and high prices. Regardless of your reason, finding a new car insurance company is actually quite simple.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an insured cut collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just presented many ideas to compare 2001 Ford Mustang insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from an unexpected company.
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,623|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,758|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$61|
|5-yr Claim Free||$64|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$36|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.