GMC GMC Sierra-2500 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 17, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper insurance coverage rates for your GMC Sierra 2500? Nobody cherishes buying insurance coverage, in particular when their premiums are through the roof.
Companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate increase brand awareness with advertising and consumers find it hard to ignore the flashy ads and do the work needed to find the best deal.
You should take the time to take a look at other company’s rates quite often due to the fact that insurance rates go up and down regularly. Just because you found the lowest price for Sierra coverage on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because you’re about to find out the easiest way to find great coverage at a great price.
Finding Insurance Coverage Deals
There are several ways to get quotes from different insurance companies. By far the easiest way to find the lowest 1999 GMC Sierra 2500 rates is simply to get online rate quotes. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The most efficient way to get quotes is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This form eliminates the need for a different quote for every insurance coverage company. One form will get you price quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
- A more time consuming way to find lower rates consists of going to each individual company website to request a price quote. For example, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Allstate, GEICO and Liberty Mutual. To get each rate you have to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming way of comparing rate quotes is to spend time driving to and from local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the professional advice of a local agent. Drivers can compare online quotes and still use a local agent and we’ll cover that in a bit.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you are comparing exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits for every company. If you compare mixed coverages it will be impossible to determine which rate is truly the best. Having just a slight variation in coverages can make a big difference in price. And when comparing insurance coverage rates, know that obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting a lower rate.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the more common and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Memberships – Being a member of a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance for Sierra coverage.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of insurers with the best auto insurance discounts, click here.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Coverages available on your policy
Understanding the coverages of insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the normal coverages found on most insurance policies.
Collision – This covers damage to your Sierra 2500 caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as crashing into a building, driving through your garage door, backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your 1999 GMC Sierra 2500.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs, nursing services, hospital visits and X-ray expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability – Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds, pain and suffering and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and vandalism. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Keep this in mind
Cheaper 1999 GMC Sierra 2500 insurance is available online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
We’ve covered many tips how you can shop for insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from the smaller companies. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area