Cheapest 1999 Honda Odyssey Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you tired of not being able to afford each month for car insurance? You are no different than millions of other consumers. Many auto insurance companies compete for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the cheapest price
If you have a current insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates while maximizing coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. Drivers just need to understand the tricks to find the lowest price online.
Elements that influence Honda Odyssey insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to big savings.
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on car insurance. It usually means you are more mature it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are a lot of add-on coverages that can waste your money when buying car insurance. Insurance for personal injury protection, accident forgiveness and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. They both tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Good drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Even one speeding ticket can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. If you have severe violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- More claims means more premium – If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Insurance companies award discounts to insureds who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more miles you rack up on your Honda in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Cars left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. If your policy improperly rates your Odyssey may be costing you. Make sure your car insurance policy is showing how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
Discounts on Honda Odyssey insurance
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all their discounts very well, so we break down both the well known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child complete a driver education course in high school.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Driver Safety – Taking a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A partial list of companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
Double check with each insurance company how you can save money. Savings might not be offered everywhere.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions can help discover whether you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Does my 1999 Honda Odyssey qualify for pleasure use?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Coverages available on your policy
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses for X-ray expenses, ambulance fees, pain medications and chiropractic care. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Honda Odyssey.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer and a broken windshield. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Be a smart shopper
Affordable 1999 Honda Odyssey insurance is attainable both online as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies don’t offer online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors influence Honda Odyssey insurance rates?
There are several factors that can influence the insurance rates for a Honda Odyssey. These include the driver’s age, driving history, location, credit score, and the coverage options chosen. Additionally, the year of the vehicle, its value, safety features, and the cost of repairs can also affect the insurance rates.
What are some discounts available for Honda Odyssey insurance?
Insurance companies may offer various discounts that can help lower the cost of Honda Odyssey insurance. Some common discounts include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts (for bundling auto insurance with other policies), anti-theft device discounts, and good student discounts. It’s important to check with individual insurance companies to see which discounts they offer.
What coverages are available for Honda Odyssey insurance?
When it comes to auto insurance coverage for a Honda Odyssey, there are several options to consider. These may include liability coverage, collision coverage, comprehensive coverage, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, medical payments coverage, and personal injury protection (PIP). The specific coverages and limits chosen will depend on individual needs and preferences.
How can I find affordable insurance rates for my 1999 Honda Odyssey?
To find affordable insurance rates for a 1999 Honda Odyssey, it’s recommended to compare quotes from multiple insurance companies. Using online quote tools or working with an independent insurance agent can help in obtaining and comparing different rates. It’s also important to consider factors like coverage options, deductibles, and discounts when selecting an insurance policy.
Why is it important to have the right coverage for my Honda Odyssey?
Having the right insurance coverage for your Honda Odyssey is essential to protect yourself financially in case of accidents, damage, or injuries. Adequate coverage can help pay for repairs, medical expenses, and legal liabilities that may arise from accidents. It’s important to review and understand your insurance policy to ensure you have the appropriate coverage for your specific needs and circumstances.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area