Cheapest 1999 Lexus ES 300 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
If you’re new to shopping for insurance coverage online, you can be overwhelmed by the sheer number of online companies offering insurance.
Consumers need to take a look at other company’s rates at least once a year since insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the best rates on ES 300 insurance two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Starting now, block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because it’s time to teach you one of the quickest ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
How to Compare Car Insurance Quotes
Most companies like Allstate and Progressive provide pricing on their websites. Obtaining pricing is quite easy as you just type in your coverage preferences into a form. After you complete the form, the system will order your driving and credit reports and generates a price based on these factors.
Being able to quote online helps simplify price comparisons, but the time it takes to visit each company’s website and repetitively fill out multiple forms gets old quite quickly. But it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the lowest price.
There is an easier way!
An easier way to compare rates uses one form that gets price quotes from more than one company. It’s a real time-saver, eliminates repetitive work, and makes rate comparisons much more enjoyable. Once the form is submitted, it is rated and you are able to buy any of the resulting price quotes. If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. The whole process just takes a couple of minutes and you will know how your current rates stack up.
To use this form to compare rates, simply click here to open in new window and input your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will receive a fair comparison based on identical coverages.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a driver safety course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more on ES 300 insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up online.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies who might offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not apply in every state.
Lexus ES 300 rates influenced by many factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better insurance rates.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Lexus ES 300 earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- How’s your driving record? – Your driving citation history impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Just one ticket can increase rates by twenty percent. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have dangerous citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are quite a few add-on coverages you can purchase on your insurance policy. Things like personal injury protection, better glass coverage and term life insurance are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Many insurance companies provide better rates to insureds who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to compare rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Being married can save on insurance – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more responsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Insurance companies generally give cheaper rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a fast way to pay more for insurance. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Don’t listen to company ads
Allstate and Progressive regularly use television and radio advertisements. All the companies have a common claim that you’ll save big if you move your coverage to them. How can each company make the same claim?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that makes them money. A good example of a preferred risk might be profiled as between the ages of 30 and 50, has no tickets, and has excellent credit. A propective insured who matches those parameters will get the preferred rates and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who are not a match for these standards will be quoted a higher premium which leads to the customer not buying. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save money. That is how companies can truthfully advertise the savings. This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know which company will have the lowest Lexus ES 300 insurance rates.
Specific coverages for a 1999 Lexus ES 300
Having a good grasp of insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance covers damage to your ES 300 from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as sideswiping another vehicle, rolling your car and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as rock chips in glass, a broken windshield and hitting a bird. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like funeral costs, EMT expenses, dental work, pain medications and hospital visits. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Lexus ES 300.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Affordable insurance is out there
We just showed you a lot of techniques to lower your 1999 Lexus ES 300 insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premiums are with the smaller companies.
Lower-priced insurance is possible both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not provide online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal or even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1999 Lexus ES 300?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 1999 Lexus ES 300, you can consider the following tips:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers and compare their rates to find the most affordable option.
- Increase deductibles: Opting for a higher deductible can lower your insurance premiums. However, keep in mind that you’ll need to pay the deductible amount if you make a claim.
- Maintain a clean driving record: Insurance companies often offer lower rates to drivers with a good driving history. Avoid traffic violations and accidents to keep your premiums low.
- Look for discounts: Inquire about any discounts available for your 1999 Lexus ES 300. Some common discounts include multi-policy discounts, safe driver discounts, and discounts for anti-theft devices.
Are there any specific factors that affect insurance rates for a 1999 Lexus ES 300?
Yes, several factors can impact insurance rates for a 1999 Lexus ES 300. Some of the key factors include:
- Age and driving experience: Younger and less experienced drivers usually face higher insurance premiums due to higher perceived risk.
- Location: Insurance rates can vary based on your location. Areas with higher rates of accidents or theft may result in higher premiums.
- Vehicle usage: If you primarily use your 1999 Lexus ES 300 for business or long commutes, your insurance rates may be higher compared to someone who uses it for personal purposes and shorter distances.
- Insurance history: If you have a history of insurance claims or policy cancellations, it may affect your rates.
Are there any specific safety features in the 1999 Lexus ES 300 that could lower insurance costs?
The 1999 Lexus ES 300 comes with several safety features that may potentially lower insurance costs. These features can include:
- Anti-lock brakes (ABS)
- Dual front airbags
- Side-impact airbags
- Anti-theft system
- Daytime running lights
- Electronic stability control
Can I insure a 1999 Lexus ES 300 with liability-only coverage?
Yes, it is possible to insure a 1999 Lexus ES 300 with liability-only coverage. Liability coverage typically includes bodily injury liability and property damage liability. However, it’s important to note that liability coverage only protects you financially if you are at fault in an accident. It does not cover any damages to your own vehicle.
Does the age of my 1999 Lexus ES 300 affect insurance rates?
Generally, the age of a vehicle like the 1999 Lexus ES 300 can impact insurance rates. As vehicles age, their value typically decreases, which can result in lower insurance premiums. However, other factors such as the cost of repairs, safety features, and theft rates may also be considered when determining insurance rates for an older vehicle.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area