Cheapest 1999 Lexus RX 300 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Lexus RX 300? Finding the cheapest insurance for a Lexus RX 300 can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to save time. There are both good and bad ways to find insurance coverage online and we’ll show you the best way to price shop coverage for a Lexus and get the best price possible either online or from local insurance agents.
If you have a current insurance policy or need a new policy, you can use this information to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Pricing the best insurance can be fairly easy. Consumers just need to learn the best way to shop their coverage around online.
How to Compare Car Insurance Quotes
All the larger car insurance companies provide insurance quotes directly from their websites. Getting online quotes is pretty easy as you simply type in the coverages you want as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, the system makes automated requests for information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information.
This streamlines rate comparisons, but having to visit multiple sites and fill out multiple forms can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to find better car insurance pricing.
The easy way to compare rates
The quickest way to find better car insurance pricing requires only one form to return rates from several companies at one time. It saves time, requires less work, and makes rate comparisons much more enjoyable and efficient. After your information is entered, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy any of the quotes returned. If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. This process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To save time and find out what other companies charge, simply click here to open in new window and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will have a price comparison using the exact same coverages.
Beware of misleading insurance ads
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for the lowest price auto insurance by 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to make the same claim about savings if you change to their company.
But how can every company make the same claim?
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that earns them a profit. An example of a desirable insured could be a mature driver, owns a home, and has great credit. Any new insured who matches those parameters will get very good rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Consumers who don’t measure up to these standards will be quoted more money and this can result in the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That is how companies can make the claims of big savings. This emphasizes why you should get a wide range of price quotes. It is impossible to predict which company will give you the biggest savings on Lexus RX 300 insurance.
Factors that can influence insurance rates for a Lexus RX 300
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a guaranteed way to bump up your car insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs such as lawyers, executives and dentists tend to have the highest average rates attributed to job stress and lots of time spent at work. Other professions such as actors, historians and homemakers receive lower rates on RX 300 insurance.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Auto insurance companies give better rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Most insurance companies give discounts to insureds who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If the Lexus RX 300 scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Your credit rating is important – A driver’s credit score is a huge factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. So if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your 1999 Lexus RX 300 by repairing your credit. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers with poor credit.
Discounts to lower Lexus RX 300 insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts very well, so we break down both the well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on RX 300 insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
For a list of insurance companies offering insurance coverage discounts, click here.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my 1999 Lexus RX 300 need full coverage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 1999 Lexus RX 300?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Specific coverage details
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Lexus RX 300.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as fire damage, vandalism, hail damage, rock chips in glass and falling objects. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as pain and suffering, bail bonds, legal defense fees, structural damage and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage covers damage to your RX 300 from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as rolling your car, crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree, driving through your garage door and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses for things like dental work, funeral costs, surgery, nursing services and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Feed the piggy bank
We’ve covered some good ideas how to compare 1999 Lexus RX 300 insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions or even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies can be pretty painless.
Cheaper insurance can be bought from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
To learn more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors determine the insurance rates for a 1999 Lexus RX 300?
Several factors can influence the insurance rates for a 1999 Lexus RX 300, including the driver’s age, location, driving record, credit history, coverage options, deductible amount, and the level of insurance required by the state. Additionally, factors such as the value of the vehicle, safety features, repair costs, and the likelihood of theft or accidents can impact insurance premiums.
Are there any specific features of the 1999 Lexus RX 300 that may impact insurance rates?
Yes, certain features of the 1999 Lexus RX 300 can impact insurance rates. Factors such as the vehicle’s luxury status, higher value, and potential repair costs may result in higher insurance premiums compared to non-luxury or standard vehicles. Additionally, the safety features and anti-theft devices installed in the RX 300 may help lower insurance rates.
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for my 1999 Lexus RX 300?
To find the cheapest insurance rates for your 1999 Lexus RX 300, it’s recommended to shop around and compare quotes from multiple insurance providers. Consider reaching out to different companies, either directly or through online comparison websites, to get quotes tailored to your specific needs and circumstances.
What are some tips for reducing insurance costs for a 1999 Lexus RX 300?
Here are a few tips that may help reduce insurance costs for a 1999 Lexus RX 300:
- Maintain a good driving record by avoiding traffic violations and accidents.
- Inquire about any available discounts, such as safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, or discounts for having safety features installed in your vehicle.
- Consider installing additional safety features or anti-theft devices that may qualify for insurance discounts.
- Opt for higher deductibles, which can lower your premium costs.
- Periodically review your coverage and compare quotes from different insurance providers to ensure you are getting the best possible rates.
Are there any specific insurance companies that offer particularly low rates for a 1999 Lexus RX 300?
Insurance rates can vary significantly between companies, and there is no single insurer that offers consistently low rates for all vehicles, including the 1999 Lexus RX 300. It’s best to obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers and compare them to find the most affordable option for your specific circumstances.
Can I qualify for classic car insurance for my 1999 Lexus RX 300?
Classic car insurance is typically designed for vehicles that are considered collectible or antique, usually older than 20-25 years. As a 1999 Lexus RX 300 is not yet considered a classic car by most standards, it may not be eligible for classic car insurance. However, it’s advisable to check with insurance providers specializing in classic car insurance to confirm their eligibility criteria.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area