Cheapest 2001 Lexus RX 300 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shopping for cheap insurance on the web may be intimidating for beginners to comparing rates online. With a ridiculous number of companies competing online, how can anyone possibly compare the different rates to find the lowest price available?
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using this information. The purpose of this post is to teach you how car insurance quotes work. But car owners must comprehend how companies price online insurance and apply this information to your search.
Discounts are basically free money
Car insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but a few must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums for RX 300 insurance.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will cut your overall premium however.
Car insurance companies that may have these discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Savings may not be available in every state.
Insurance Coverage Quote Comparison
There are multiple methods to compare 2001 Lexus RX 300 insurance coverage quotes, but one way is easier and takes less work. You can waste hours talking to agents in your area, or you could save time and use online quoting to achieve your goal.
Many insurance companies enroll in a system that allows shoppers to submit their information once, and every company provides a quote. This prevents consumers from doing quote forms for every insurance coverage company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to comparing rates this way is buyers cannot specifically choose the providers you want to price. So if you want to select from a list of companies to compare prices, we have a page of companies who write insurance coverage in your area. Click to view list.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you are comparing the exact same coverages for each price quote. If you are comparing different values for each quote it will be very difficult to truly determine the lowest rate. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits may cause a big price difference. And when price shopping your coverage, more quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates.
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Car insurance coverages explained
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as medical expenses, attorney fees and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Frequently these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This will pay to fix damage to your RX 300 caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as rock chips in glass, vandalism, fire damage and damage from flooding. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses for hospital visits, nursing services, doctor visits and chiropractic care. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
We just showed you a lot of information how to reduce 2001 Lexus RX 300 insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company.
The cheapest insurance is available on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions and even delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies can be easier than you think.
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area